Search results

1. hoodoo

CNC Miter-Fold Octagonal Box

The finished piece looks great and I love the technique. Definitely going to give it shot myself.
  2. hoodoo

No more military discount on lumber at Lowes as of today...

Was there some official announcement of the change? Regardless, that sucks. I do still see the discount reflected if I add something to my cart from the website. Not sure how long it will last.
  3. hoodoo

Jig saw recommendation

I'd love to hear some feedback once you've had some time with it. I am in the market for one as well.
  4. hoodoo

What did you do in the shop this weekend?

Thanks, the top is hard maple.
  5. hoodoo

What did you do in the shop this weekend?

Finally finished the dining table for the wife. Now to make the matching bench.
  6. hoodoo

New guy from Fayetteville

Welcome Bud. If you haven't been, I suggest you check out Ballash Woodworks on Cedar Creek road. Kurt has a good selection of lumber and offers classes as well. https://www.ballashwoodworks.com/
  7. hoodoo

Ordered in February and it finally arrived

My first "big boy" tool. I think I am more impressed the 220v outlet I ran actually worked more than receiving the jointer.
  8. hoodoo

WEN has some comedians on the payroll

Picked up a cheap biscuit jointer to help align a large panel glue-up. Was flipping through the manual when I saw this:
  9. hoodoo

Why...

I am currently working on a farmhouse trestle dining table for my wife. Base is complete. Need to get started on the top. I recently completed a simple wedding arbor for my nephew. Here is a picture of the shop when we moved in last year. No real changes at this point. Nice to finally have a...
  10. hoodoo

Electrical options of r setting up a new shop

I am a similar situation. I have a new place with a new dedicated detached garage shop. It already has power, but no 220v. The panel doesn't seem to have any available spots to add any either. I know I can just have a new panel put in and run the outlets, but reading these comments it seems I...
  11. hoodoo

New House, New Projects - Built-in Bookshelves

I think the cabinets and doors are pretty standard. 3/4 plywood cabinets with 1x3 face frame and shaker doors. The shelves are split into three main pieces, two end bays completed using dados. They are connected to the center stile via the shelves using pocket holes. All painted white by my...
  12. hoodoo

I did cut out a spot for the outlet on the back wall. The two on the sides are covered. Hopefully I won't regret that later.
  13. hoodoo

Wife and I decided it was time to get a bigger place. A new house means new projects. First one was to turn the formal sitting room into a sorta library. Thus the built-ins. Room before: Room after: EDIT: Added link to more pics: Built-ins
  14. Completed Built-Ins

Completed Built-Ins

15. Room Before Built-Ins

Room Before Built-Ins

16. hoodoo

American Trestle Table

Amazing work. I have a trestle dining table on my to do list. I can only hope it comes out looking as nice.
  17. hoodoo

Cutting small parts on a TS

Hopefully you are not using the miter gauge and the fence together. You could set a stop block prior to the cut so the off piece is free after the cut. Or, what I usually use is a crosscut sled. It supports the piece and off cut through the entire process of the cut.
  18. hoodoo

Rough Sawn Lumber near Fayetteville

I believe Kurt from Ballash Woodworks | Custom | Carolinas is on the forums and mentioned he has lumber. I haven't been by his shop yet but it is on my to-do list.
  19. hoodoo

Change to Military Discount at Lowes

I think with HD building materials are not included. Which, like you, is why I frequent Lowe's almost exclusively.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS