Search results

1. ToolNut

What wood to use

I just built a porch swing out of cedar. very light weight and weather resistant. Somewhat prone to splitting/splintering during construction (for example, I had to take light cuts using a pattern router bit), and I was careful to select mostly knot free sections. Definitely kept some CA glue...
  2. Original porch swing

Original porch swing

This is the original porch swing I did in 2003. Looks nice and bright in this photo - I didn't keep up with the finish and its pretty dark now. But still comfortable!
  3. Adirondack Porch swing

Adirondack Porch swing

4. Adirondack Porch swing

Adirondack Porch swing

I varied from the plans on this one by inverting the curve on the back - the original one I built per the plans had rounded shoulders and it looked more slumpy to me...
  5. Adirondack Porch swing

Adirondack Porch swing

6. Adirondack Porch Swing (Veritas plans)

Adirondack Porch Swing (Veritas plans)

7. Adirondack Porch swing

Adirondack Porch swing

Just finished this swing for my parents. This is my second build of this design - first was for my wife and has been in use for about 10 years. The second one got some design/hardware upgrades and I think it turned out pretty well. The plans are here...
  8. ToolNut

Asheville area - new member

Thanks all - been enjoying the ideas and conversations here for sure and I appreciate the warm welcome. Jerry I will look for you at some future meeting. I am sending off my WNCWA membership dues tomorrow, so not sure if I will attend the event this weekend - they say its "for members and...
  9. ToolNut

Asheville area - new member

Hello. Been meaning to join you all for a while, but life keeps getting in the way. My profession is in the non-profit world, but woodworking keeps me sane. I have a small shop (half garage attached to the house) with way too many tools for the space and a random collection of wood...

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS