Search results

1. RoyWarren

Compressed air piping

I believe some are judging PVC and PEX on numbers associated with using it as water pipes. Yes, PVC will freeze up and since water expands it can burst the pipes. I don't believe this is the case with air pressure. PEX or copper seems like an overkill to me. Roy - Waxhaw, NC
  2. RoyWarren

New Shop Floor

Mark, Haven't been in there long enough to tell, but it should be easier on the feet and legs. Should be easier on my lathe tools if I drop one on the floor. Roy
  3. RoyWarren

New Shop Floor

One more thing added to my bucket list. Peel & stick vinyl tiles plus a lot of getting up and down on my old legs. :) Before and after pictures Roy Warren - Waxhaw, NC
  4. RoyWarren

Compressed air piping

I have used 1/2" Sch 40 PVC pipe for 25 years in my shop, with no problems. It is rated at 600 psi. My compressor is set for around 100 psi, which is what most of my air tools require. It's stronger that the rubber (plastic) hose that you attach to it. BTW my shop is not climate controlled...
  5. RoyWarren

Decimal, fraction or metric

I prefer decimal for figuring and fractional for measuring. In my earliest days I was a machinist and decimal was the way to go. Metric is a foreign language to me. When confronted with metric I use a Google converter and change it to decimals, then use the closest fraction. Roy - Waxhaw, NC
  6. RoyWarren

Dust port for Delta Unisaw

Thanks. I'll try them, but I don't have a part number because it's not a Delta part, just an accessory. It's not listed on the diagram that came with the saw. I'm thinking I'll just fabricate my own, using a smaller one and make an adapter to fit in between. Saw is 25 years old and Delta sold...
  7. RoyWarren

Dust port for Delta Unisaw

Anyone know where I can get the dust port for my Delta Unisaw? It has the large rectangle opening at the bottom right of the saw.
  8. RoyWarren

Miniture drill bits

Scott, All the points you made are valid for regular small drill bits. My post recommended the PCB drills which eliminate all these problems. I've never broken one and use them in a regular drill press with no vice and they stay sharp. The shanks are about 1/8" in diameter and the bit extends...
  9. RoyWarren

Miniture drill bits

Here's another idea for you scrollers that I have been using for several years. These are for those special veining cuts or small cutouts in scrollsaw pictures, that you would prefer that the drill hole doesn't show. You need a very small bit for that. I tried all those ultra small drill bits...
  10. RoyWarren

Whole lot of shaking going on

This is not a new idea but I have been using it for years, and it's worth repeating for those who are still shaking those paint and adhesive cans. All you need is cuzi, an old blade and some duct tape. Of course you will need a reciprocating saw. Beats all that shaking. Roy - Waxhaw, NC
  11. RoyWarren

Construction lumber prices

I used to throw these scraps in the burn barrel. Now I'm not so sure. I fear my 60 years woodworking hobby is coming to an end. So sad.
  12. RoyWarren

Chess Board - Advice - Help

The drawer pushes all the way through with compartments on both sides for the pieces. Also, you may want to add the narrow inlay around the board. Gives it a nice touch. Also the beveled tiles. Just a suggestion. Good luck with whatever you make. Roy
  13. RoyWarren

What is your most disliked or disappointing tool?

Mine is any of the retractable steel tapes. That little gizzy on the end invariably catches in any crack or crevice it comes in contact with. It's six or eight feet away so I have to walk over and remove it, with some difficulty. Also, when you're measuring something and don't have someone to...
  14. RoyWarren

Pistol Box

I had to go look. It's been in that drawer for twenty years. :p It's a Bursa Thunder 380. Made in Argentina Roy
  15. RoyWarren

Chess Board - Advice - Help

I made one years ago and I would suggest that you glue the tiles into a backing board, similar to the top of mine. Don't know if you scroll saw, but if you do, you may want to add the 3D pieces.
  16. RoyWarren

Pistol Box

Beautiful. Not trying to one-up you because yours is better than mine. Made this one twenty years ago.
  17. Roy's Woodworking

Roy's Woodworking

pictures of various woodworking projects
  18. RoyWarren

Scroll saw pattern DVD

Hate to rain on his parade, but everything he shows appears to be laser cut rather that scroll sawn. Roy
  19. RoyWarren

Merry Christmas

Merry Christmas to all my fellow woodworkers at NC Woodworkers! Roy Warren View image in gallery
  20. Christmas_2012

Christmas_2012

Merry Christmas

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS