Search results

1. tarheelz

SawStop Legislation

Whenever NCWW posting slows, we know a good 'ole SawStop thread will fire up the site traffic.
  2. tarheelz

Account security PSA

"1111111111111111111111111" = Can be cracked in 7 million years per the linked site. :)
  3. tarheelz

Woodwright's School and Tool Store Closing 2023

Thanks, guys. I'll watch for him.
  4. tarheelz

Woodwright's School and Tool Store Closing 2023

Apologies for reviving a very old thread. With Roy shutting things down, do we know if Ed ever re-opened in another location?
  5. tarheelz

New project for our Outreach program

Today I learned... Cool stuff!
  6. tarheelz

Rip-Offs continue

It would seem the American system of IP is working as designed. It's nice to see that happen every so often. The original inventor has enjoyed a period of exclusivity, thereby avoiding normal market forces. Now, with the inventor's investment repaid and wealth and riches secured, the citizens...
  7. tarheelz

Classic Yates 12” Jointer - $3,500 OBO (Fletcher) GONE

Someone cooler than me should get this. That is a sexy beast.
  8. tarheelz

Table Saw Throat Plate

I'm sure others are far more talented or lucky but every gap, hole, void, ridge etc. in a throat plate is where an off-cut will get caught up. That's no bueno.
  9. tarheelz

LATHE CHISELS?

"Find a box" has been a bigger challenge than expected. The missus says there will be two boxes arriving today, one of which should work. If not, is it ok if I just toss the crummy wooden display box and send the tools wrapped individually? (That may impact future portability.)
  10. tarheelz

LATHE CHISELS?

On their way... once I find a box.
  11. tarheelz

LATHE CHISELS?

I have no idea whether these are worthwhile to the Lathe's purposes but I am willing to donate this set to the cause. It appears new. (I do not understand the spinny-spinny thing.)
  12. tarheelz

Well, well, well- look what followed me home?

$73.23 in 2021 dollars. https://www.saving.org/inflation/inflation.php?amount=1&year=1952
  13. tarheelz

Sandpaper test

Good to see my Klingspor coming in at #3. I'll still support those guys as they have always supported my hobby and NC Woodworker.
  14. tarheelz

Tools For Sale - $200 (Monroe) GONE

Never got a response. Must have sold in seconds. Hope someone here got it.
  15. tarheelz

Tools For Sale - $200 (Monroe) GONE

Has to be a scam, right? I'm trying. Wish me luck.
  16. tarheelz

Shelix Order from Byrd - 7 months and waiting

Sounds like Byrd also may be running afoul of the"30-day Rule." This has all the sounds of a company circling the drain. Start working to get your money back - directly or through your credit card. https://www.findlaw.com/smallbusiness/business-operations/laws-governing-shipping-advertising.html
  17. tarheelz

End Grain Glue Joints Are Weaker, Right?

A couple years ago I was able to reconcile "joint strength" and "glue strength" and "end grain/side grain" debates in my head by concluding, "If you use proven techniques you don't need to worry about this stuff." That quieted the voices in my head. End grain to end grain is strong enough to...
  18. tarheelz

Settling the Imperial/Metric Debate...

Gang, Our friends at futilitycloset.com have pointed out some fractional measurements you may overlooked in your woodworking: Cutting It Fine 1/3rd of an inch is a BARLEYCORN. 1/12th of an inch is a LINE. 1/72nd of an inch is a POINT. 1/100th of an inch is a GRY. 1/144th of an inch is a SECOND...
  19. tarheelz

What is this??? Found this in the shop

Dang. So many promising guesses above but no one knew it to be a "dinglehopper."
  20. tarheelz

Jet oscillating spindle sander SOLD

Great unit and fair price at 50% of new. I hope this works for someone here. (I am searching for such a fair deal on a combo belt/disk sander.)

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS