Search results

1. Scott Meek

Last minute spot open in plane making class

Hey y'all! I don't get over here nearly enough, so, sorry that my first post in forever is selling something. However, my kids and I need to eat, and all that. HA! I am teaching a plane making class next week, where students make a smoothing plane, 12" jack plane, and a 22" jointer over 6 days...
  2. Scott Meek

An amazing tool chest and tools to be given away at WIA 2014

Hey NCWW! I wanted to let you all know about something happening at WIA next month that I'm extremely excited and proud to be part of. There will be a drawing to win the Fred West Commemorative Tool Chest. Many of my fellow hand tool makers came together to make tools for this chest and to give...
  3. Scott Meek

Will be at Apple Country Woodcrafters tomorrow night!

I meant to get on here to post this prior to the day before. Ah well. I will be talking and demonstrating wood body planes at the Apple Country Woodcrafters meeting tomorrow night in Hendersonville, NC. The meeting is at 6pm. http://www.applecountrywoodcrafters.org/Meetings.html
  4. Scott Meek

Looking for 16/4 White Oak

Hey guys, I'm hoping someone here on NC Woodworker can help me out. I'm trying to find some 16/4 White Oak, at least 3 1/4" wide by 32" long. Any ideas of who would have it in sizes that large? I'd prefer QS, but it's not a deal breaker. Thanks! Scott
  5. Scott Meek

I'll be exhibiting at Woodworking In America

If any of you are going to Woodworking In America in Cincinnati, Nov 2-4, make sure you stop by my booth. I will be right next to Bad Axe Tool Works, which I'm pretty excited about. I'll be there showing and selling my planes. I've also added all kinds of new options for my planes and a new...
  6. Scott Meek

Neighbor's Cherry tree just fell. Any Asheville sawyers around?

My neighbors Cherry just fell. Wondering if any sawyers are interested in helping get it cleaned up and maybe selling the wood for him? Going over to check on the size in a little bit. Scott Sent from my Transformer Prime TF201 using Tapatalk 2
  7. Scott Meek

Pick Your Poison!

I thought I'd show off all the planes that I make. I never seem to have one of each at the same time as I keep sending them out to fulfill orders, so I took advantage of it when I had them all in one place this week. The White Oak Jack, Mesquite Smoother, Osage Smoother, White Oak Smoother in...
  8. Scott Meek

Limbert Coffee Table class opening

Due to a last minute issue, one of the students enrolled in our upcoming June 11-14 Limbert Coffee Table class had to back out. This student has graciously asked that their deposit be used for someone else to take the class. That makes the cost $446 (normally $596) plus materials ($180). That's...
  9. Scott Meek

Fill your summer with upcoming classes at GPD Academy!

Summer is a great time for vacations. Why not make GPD Academy your destination and further your woodworking skills and knowledge? We still have openings available in some exciting classes, so check out the links below and get signed up right away. Limbert Coffee Table June 11-14 (Only 2 spots...
  10. Scott Meek

Handmade Table Class @ GPD Academy

I will be teaching the Handmade Table Class at Gregory Paolini Design next week. The class had been full, but we had a student who needed to drop out, so now we have room for one more person. This is the table we will be making: The focus of the class will be hand planing (Raising a panel...
  11. Scott Meek

Check out the 2012 class schedule at Gregory Paolini Design

The schedule has been released for the GPD Woodworking Academy. There are still a few class descriptions that are missing, but they will be coming soon. Check out the schedule now and be sure to sign up soon for any classes you are hoping to take. I hope to even see some of you in the classes I...
  12. Scott Meek

We need your help with 2012 classes at Gregory Paolini Design!!

The Student bench room in our new facility is just about complete, it's almost as large as our entire last shop! Now we're putting the finishing touches on our 2012 class schedule - But we really want to hear from you! If there's a class you're interested, please shoot us an e-mail - Even if...

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS