Search results

1. algustaf

Tall Case Clock

Just finished this yesterday. Not mechanically operating yet, but woodwork and case are complete. Made from 150+ year old reclaimed clear quartersawn heart of pine from an old abandoned farm house (I need to tear it down and salvage more wood). Finished clear with General Finishes...
  2. algustaf

Stickley chair gloat

I found this the other day for $150. It is a L & JG Stickley rocker circa 1912-1920. Unfortunately it has been refinished, I am however still so happy to have a piece of Stickley Arts&Crafts / Mission style furniture on my poor man's budget. This is the type of furniture that inspired me to...
  3. algustaf

Steel City Table Saw CL Danville $700

I thought this seemed pretty reasonable if someone in the triad or triangle is looking. http://danville.craigslist.org/tls/1699436260.html Al G
  4. algustaf

Today's CL "deal of the day"

http://winstonsalem.craigslist.org/tls/1668257947.html This is either posted too early, a few days before 4/1/10 (April Fools Day) or there should be a decimal point after the 1st number in the price. My $0.02 I at least got a chuckle out of it.
  5. algustaf

Need help in Durham area testing a 3ph motor

I just recently aquired a decent AMF DeWalt RAS model GA with a 14" blade and 28" stroke. It has a lot of potential of being a great piece of equipment and I would like to rebuild this machine and use it im my shop, however the first place to start is testing the motor. It is a 3HP 3ph motor and...
  6. algustaf

Does anyone have any Parks 12" planer parts?

I know this is probably more of a OWWM ??? But, I would rather source something out locally first. I am in the process of restoring a Parks/Craftsman 12" planer and noticed that one of my parts should be replaced. Now I can probably get it to work as is, but if I am going through all the...
  7. algustaf

I have a question about VFD's

I have a question about how these work and their electrical efficiency. I am debating between a homemade RPC or a VFD, but need to ask someone a few questions about how the VFD works. A) Can you control the amp output if say I buy a 2HP VFD and am running a 1.5HP and the VFD is putting out...
  8. algustaf

Band saw debate- which to keep?

I have a serious debate on my hands. I have two great bandsaws sitting in my garage. Both need only minor mechanical repair, a few bearings replaced in the guides. Both need cosmetic repair. However I can't keep both and I am torn as to which one to keep. The two band saws are: 1968...
  9. algustaf

Picked up an old piece of arn tonight

I just wanted to gloat for a second about picking up a great old piece of arn. I got a Craftsman/Parks 12" planer tonight from a really nice gentleman up the road a few miles from me. He helped me get the darn thing in my van, but now I haven't a clue how to get it out and down about 7 steps...
  10. algustaf

Newbie in North Durham

I am just getting started in woodworking after many frustrating years of desire and few tools. I have realized the tools come slowly for me, as extra money comes slowly for me. After assembling a few tools and moving to a new place with a basement shop, I have started making some simple pieces...
  11. algustaf

Looking for someone that has a spraybooth in Durham area

I am new to the NCWW forum but thought you would be a good group to ask. Let me preface this with "I hope this is an allowable question." A co-worker of mine, just brought back a headboard that her father built for her. It is primed, but not 'finished'. Since I don't have any spray...

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS