Newbie in North Durham

Status
Not open for further replies.

algustaf

New User
Al
I am just getting started in woodworking after many frustrating years of desire and few tools. I have realized the tools come slowly for me, as extra money comes slowly for me. After assembling a few tools and moving to a new place with a basement shop, I have started making some simple pieces of furniture. I am have been experimenting with these simple chairs, learning how to predict the next few steps and next few problems. I guess most of you folks will agree that everyday you are in your shop, you learn a new trick or how to prevent another Oooops. I have been lurking around this site for a few weeks and decided to introduce myself and chat more. Look forward to sharing my work as it progresses and checking out everyone else's work, as I draw upon others for inspiration. Hopefully I can contribute some worthy conversation and laughs.

ALG

froglips

New User
Jim Campbell
Greetings! Glad to have you on board.

As you pointed out, one of the perks of this hobby is the constant learning process and challenges.

We love pics, so feel free to share some of your work.

Jim

DaveO

New User
DaveO
Welcome Al, I am glad you could join us. I look forward to your input in the forums.
See you around!!!!!

Dave:)

TracyP

Administrator , Forum Moderator
Tracy
Welcome Al, we are glad you found us. Feel free to hjump in at any time.

Canuck

Wayne
Corporate Member
Welcome aboard, Al.:icon_cheers:icon_cheers

Glad that you decided to join this merry bunch of sawdusters.

Lots of great advice both for not hurting oneself as well as plenty of inspiration. You have found a great place here at NCWW.

Enjoy. Post often and by all means have fun!:wsmile:

Wayne

Bas

Recovering tool addict
Bas
Corporate Member
Welcome Al, and congrats on getting a shop in the basement! Every time I get frustrated by the lack of tools and/ or skill, I try to remember that I have another 40 years to go in this hobby. That helps :)

BTW, there is no such thing as a "simple" chair....

Trent Mason

New User
Trent Mason
Welcome to the site Al. :eusa_clap:eusa_clap:eusa_clap As Jim posted earlier, woodworking is a neverending learning process. Chairs are an interesting choice to start with too. That experience will certainly help you. Feel free to jump right in on the forums. This is a wonderful group of folks from all levels of experience. :icon_thum

LeftyTom

Tom
Corporate Member
Welcome, Al. Don't you live across the street from Anne Margaret? oh wait, that is Gustafson. :eusa_doh:

sapwood

New User
Roger
Glad you joined us, Al!
And I applaud you boldness in making chairs. I figure you can make anything if you can make a chair :icon_thum

Roger

algustaf

New User
Al
Not a real fancy chair guys, the Outdoor Morris Chair from Popular Mechanics. I am going to give it to my mother for her Bday. Made it out of SYP to match the motif of her house. Will add photos soon.

ALG

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors