Search results

1. sediener

Waited Long Enuff...DaveO!!!

I believe he's too busy testing his home-brewed beer to get in the shop.
  2. sediener

What is the best way to plane end grain?

If you've only got a normal angle block plane, skew the plane significantly which will lower the presented angle and make it act more like a low-angle plane.
  3. sediener

Saturday Shop Quicky

Nicely done, I've been thinking about making that except with a couple of french cleats on the back side of the uprights so it can be hung when not in use.
  4. sediener

Safely terminating a live wire in the wall.

The old ones were mounted against the wall and screwed into the underside of the cabinet. The wire protrudes through the lip of the cabinet below the dado where the bottom shelf is set into. The fixtures cover about an inch or so of the tile backspash. The two fixtures are on adjoining walls...
  5. sediener

That might work except they put up the lighting fixtures before grouting the tiles... so where the fixtures currently are are un-grouted thus I need something to cover the area anyway. grumble grumble....
  6. sediener

Thanks everyone... I don't think I can put a box in since the wire was actually drilled through the lower lip of the cabinet just above the tile backsplash. (an early grave would surely come if I ripped out some tiles to put in a covered box) I think I'll just cap it off for now and maybe...
  7. sediener

I've got some under counter lighting which are direct wired. I'm planning to replace 2 single bulb fixtures which are in the corner with a single three bulb fixture (the old ones seem to be getting overheated and turn off randomly). So I have two wires hanging out of the wall and only need...
  8. sediener

Info about lead safety rules for kid toys

Copied from here: http://tomsworkbench.com/2009/12/16/get-the-lead-out/ Filed under: Finishing — Tom December 16, 2009 @ 7:54 am Helping others, especially needy children is a wonderful thing to do. The Northwest Indiana Woodworkers Association has been doing this for...
  9. sediener

Sickness and weight loss.

Congrats Tom, I ran into this site a few days ago. http://www.344pounds.com/ If you need some inspiration, check it out. The guy has lost over 100 pounds in 6 months doing the magic formula to lose weight, eat sensibly, count your calories and exercise a whole lot. Fad diets and pills...
  10. sediener

My Flip Top

That sounds like a design challenge for Allen... I could see a way with a thick sandwiched top and some metal piping as the fulcrum (or whatever it's called).
  11. sediener

OK Crap construction ---> Barred Owl Birdhouse -- $129.99 plus SHIPPING

For 130$ the least he could do would be to paint it. I hear owls like peach.
  12. sediener

Insulating garage doors

Did the same here except with 3/4 blue foam and 1/2" foil styro... works great, even with a South facing door the garage is significantly more comfortable year round. The window A/C unit helps too. Even after killing the A/C when I was done this afternoon, it stayed resonable (<80) for the...
  13. sediener

4/4 Red Oak KD Lumber Run?

I'm in for a mix of QS/FS probably around 50bdft...
  14. sediener

Shelix Cutter Head?

So the end result is to get a 4" radius shelix for the best cut?
  15. sediener

Another HF Gem? - Chisel Rasp

I'd cut my finger off with those or at least slice it up pretty good. I like to hold the tip of my rasps when I'm using them for control and that might not be a good idea with those... eeeps Hopefully that handle gives you enough control that you don't have to hold the chisel tip while shaping.
  16. sediener

Table top grain direction / end grain

Just watch out for wood movement when attaching the base/legs if you glue up short ways...
  17. sediener

I do not want any more tools!!

Obviously experimenting with a new treatment for WGD... lets hope it fails miserably.
  18. sediener

Kayak build blog

I really want to build one and would love to see the process and any tips before I jump in. So yes, I'm interested. thanks,
  19. sediener

Milling Lumber

Jack is mobile and will come to you... not sure of his setup costs but he charges by the bdft I think somewhere around 30-50 cents depending flat/QS/etc.. If they are yard trees be prepared to buy a bandsaw blade or two for around 25$ each. I've used him a couple times and was always happy...
  20. sediener

Making a forum private

+1 more

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS