Search results

1. B

Chris (@Redknife)

So sad. I did get to meet him when I purchased his SawStop. Generous and kind.
  2. B

Cherry Sale - Capital City Lumber

They do have a lot of sales but I find the 60 mile trip to The Hardwood Store of NC is worth it. CCL thickness is not 4/4. Usually closer to 7/8. Not nearly the selection and the quality of boards isn't great. I find the staff at CCL super nice though. In a pinch - I will go to CCL.
  3. B

What CNC’s do you all have, and what software are you using for CAD/CAM?

I have the Shark HD510 and use Vectric VCarve (free version). My son is good with Fusion 360 and Sketchup but for most of what we've made it's been on Vectric.
  4. B

Sharpening Interest?

I would, but probably something closer to the Raleigh area.
  5. B

Belt Replacement - Grizzly T25920 12x18 Wood Lathe

Grizzly will have them in stock mid-March so I've ordered from there. I don't turn that much - mostly bottle stops and an occasional ashtray. Those can all wait.
  6. B

Belt Replacement - Grizzly T25920 12x18 Wood Lathe

Hi, The part below is on backorder from Grizzly. This is the first time I've had to replace the belt to I'm unsure if I can order something 'close' from Amazon? The belt is about 3/8" wide and the description notes 25L but mine measured closer to 27". Would this work: 3/8" Power Twist V-Belt...
  7. B

2024 February Contest, Illusions in Wood

This 'waffle' board was made back in 12/2022 for Linc's boss. My son (novice) figured out the pattern and did a lot of the work. I'd consider us (me, Linc, and my son Eric) all novices. The woods are afrormosia, cherry, maple, and birch. I've made a number of weave boards / stair step /...
  8. B

Where to get large slabs planed in the Raleigh area

You may want to ask The Hardwood Store of NC. They are in Gibsonville (~1 hr west of Raleigh). They planed a 4'x7' mahogany table for me for $20. They may charge more if the wood wasn't purchased from them but the prices are worth the drive. Raleigh Reclaimed may be a good bet as well. I...
  9. B

Rubio Monocoat Finish Repair

Yeah - I was worried about a localized sanding job and trying to blend it in. I struggled with what grit and I think I landed on 150. I would have preferred going higher but followed their instructions. I will let my buddy know it will require the top be sanded again and reapply the finish...
  10. B

Rubio Monocoat Finish Repair

Any thoughts on how to repair a burn on a table? This is mahogany / maple (ebony corners) and they set a hot pad on the table and it's left some rings. Can you re-sand the area and reapply? Thanks!
  11. B

Another project from years ago.

Stunning!
  12. B

Box Elder ??

I've only seen it at Woodcraft (I'm in the Raleigh area and shop there, Hardwood Store of NC, and Capital City Lumber). My son bought a couple live edge pieces from Woodcraft. I've included a picture of the smaller board / coasters that he made. Really easy to work with. You could always use...
  13. B

New Festool Sander + Woodpecker stand

That block you're sanding in the second picture is beautiful! What is it?
  14. B

Fence Trade - Incra TS-LS for Sawstop fence - TRADE COMPLETE

I recently purchased a used Sawstop that has the Incra TS-LS fence system. I'd prefer the 36" T-Glide fence as I'm just used to that style of fence. Anyone want to upgrade their fence? Thanks for looking.
  15. B

Some recent work...

Those are all beautiful!
  16. B

Woodworking Hourly Rate

I never mark up the cost of wood or anything else I purchase. And I always feel as though it takes me longer to make whatever it is I'm trying to make. That's not the customer's fault. So I struggle with pricing. But I'm not making a lot of custom made things. Mostly cutting boards...
  17. B

Shout out to The Hardwood Store of North Carolina

Thanks. We were able to add the maple inlays on both ends. A bit nerve wracking but pretty happy with how it turned out.
  18. B

TS blade sharpening

Union Saw and Grove have reps that actually pick up and deliver at no extra cost. I've had a bunch of blades sharpened by them. I don't have any festool blades though.
  19. B

Shout out to The Hardwood Store of North Carolina

I took this 48x80" table top to The Hardwood Store of North Carolina to have the top and bottom planed. This was made from 5/4 mahogany wood purchased there. The maple / ebony inlay was not flush with the table top. They took 2 passes on the top / 1 on the bottom. The top is still 1 1/16"...

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS