1. Coffee Table

Coffee Table

2. Coffee Table

Coffee Table

3. Rolling Table

Rolling Table

4. pslamp32

Poly Spray Question

+1. I really do like this one, by far, the best of all that I have...
  5. pslamp32

White oak coffee table, WIP

It's always very difficult for me to appreciate your work because I keep focusing on how awesome your shop and tools are...:jealous:
  6. pslamp32

Poly Spray Question

I don't use any oil based finishes anymore since I discovered how much I like shellac and waterbourne lacquer. Like most, I used a lot of minwax poly before. I always liked my results when I thinned it with about an equal amount of mineral spirits and applied with a rag, sponge or brush.
  7. pslamp32

I give! no more dust please!

http://www.amazon.com/708620B-AFS-1000B-Filtration-Electrostatic-Pre-Filter/dp/B00004R9LO
  8. pslamp32

Lookin' for PE help, Charlotte to Ashe-vegas!

Looking to get a bandsaw to Asheville from Charlotte. Willing to pay for gas or whatever fee necessary. Thanks! Peter
  9. pslamp32

Finish heat resistance?

Why not use the waterbourne 'lacquer' they sell? Since you're spraying I don't see the advantage of using poly. I use the the 'lacquer' all the time without any real issues. So much easier to repair than poly...
  10. pslamp32

Air filters

Nice! Is Wally World a pseudonym for Walmart? I have this one Will this filter work for my unit? Thanks!
  11. pslamp32

Cherry Plywood

Since the damage is up against the banding, remove the hardwood banding, cut the plywood to remove tearout; replace banding...
  12. pslamp32

Finish heat resistance?

Also, the reason I mentioned drying time was because I've noticed weird anomolies with my finishes in the past when I didn't allow proper drying times. I believe I've read that it should have some time to actually cure between coats not just 'dry to the touch'. Topcoats can suppress full curing...
  13. pslamp32

Finish heat resistance?

In the OP's case the shellac appears to be covered by quite a few coats of poly so it shouldn't matter IMO...
  14. pslamp32

Finish heat resistance?

Was referring to your question of using a varnish over shellac.
  15. pslamp32

Finish heat resistance?

I've used just about every finish over shellac with no adhesion issues as far as I remember. The question I have is how you plan to get the poly off without doing any damage to the shellac undercoat...also, with so many coats of poly, did you allow proper drying time between coats? Sounds like...
  16. pslamp32

UniFence on a Grizzly G0690 Saw

I have a uni-T fence that I bought but is just collecting dust. Literally never use it. Got board buddies etc. for it. Anybody lookin' for a deal let me know...
  17. pslamp32

UniFence on a Grizzly G0690 Saw

I totally love my Unifence. Got mine with the table for $99 back when Lowe's was blowin' them out awhile back. On a side note, the space in your shop makes me drool...:jealous:
  18. pslamp32

Drum sanders...

Huh? Who's Jeff? Am I missing something?
  19. pslamp32

Drum sanders...

http://asheville.craigslist.org/tls/1865262567.html Anyone got an opinion on whether this is a good deal or not?
  20. pslamp32

Drum sanders...

Is it a fair deal for a nice sander? Thanks!

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS