Search results

1. T

April Contest

Is there a special category for those left-handed woodworkers? 😆
  2. T

Over the top shop!

To everyone's point of being a little over the top, the rationale may be using the entire shop as a case piece to show the level of craftsmanship that is included with paying for the price that they may be paying for any work they receive. Nick Pedulla has an amazing shop and he explains in the...
  3. T

Angle Grinder chain disc video

Here are the videos that involve the incident referring to Stumpy Nubs and the infamous saw disc (Also, viewer discretion is advised):
  4. T

November Monthly Contest - Ornaments

A few of the previous posts motivated me to try and bust something out for this month's competition. Made this little guy over a few afternoons/evenings last week and was quite fun! Hand tools only besides the use of my phone to get the mathematics correct for the ideal snowman ratio (1:2:3)...
  5. T

Trying something a little different for table legs

Will be interesting to see the final product! Will the tabletop also match the oval profile?
  6. T

Dovetail saw

I've used these saws to great effect in the past. If you aren't used to the pulling action, it may take time to get used to it. I have found that I have much more control/success with the pull stroke versus the western push stroke. Japanese Dovetail Saw Japanese Handsaw
  7. T

work in progress, 1/6th 1890's navy steam launch built to navy plans

@tghsmith I've been on the watch for an update and can see that you have been grinding away! This has become my favorite thread over the past months. Love the progress and am excited to see more.
  8. T

One Moving Part: The Forest Service Ax Manual

I came across this interesting website through my daily newsletter that had this online manual. A real treat to look over and see such an in-depth and outlined description of the axe. I wanted to post and give the opportunity to anyone else who can get the same enjoyment looking through this...
  9. T

Serving tray

Wow, that oak looks incredible. Which way did you choose to ebonize?
  10. T

Anyone have any handsaw's laying around?

Thanks for all the resources fellas, some great finds!
  11. T

Pete, If you're looking to get rid of it, doesn't hurt to have a look!
  12. T

Wow, what a great find. Thanks for the info Mike.
  13. T

I have been on the hunt for some time now for a aggressive rip tooth hand saw and a decent tenon saw. I'm looking for a more aggressive TPI on the rip saw, around 4-6 and on the longer side, and any tenon saw would do. If anyone has any suggestions beyond antique malls and flea markets, trying...
  14. T

Cutting metal with BS

Hey Keye, If it is corrugated metal roofing, I find that flipping the blade of an old circular saw works best for me. Built a pole barn a couple years back and this worked best for me without having to buy a blade for cutting metal. Rudimentary but got the job done.
  15. T

And more floating shelves

I for one would really like to know who is correct here. It seems like the fail point would be from the screws fastened into the stud, so wouldn't the structural cals need to be for the screws? Connection Calculator
  16. T

Flatting a board

Rob Cosman has some great video series on how to sharpen, hone and plane a board flat. Look in the playlist section of his channel to find the videos that pertain to the subject that you want to learn more about. Another is Matt Estlea. Same deal about the playlist and has multiple other...
  17. T

Makita 2708 Thoughts

Hey all, Always looking for items on craigslist and stumbled by the Makita 2708. Did some research and there was already a thread on it about 10 years ago and wanted to see if anyone had updated opinions about the saw and if its worth the effort to reach out with an offer. original thread...

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS