Search results

1. M

Norton Water Stones and Veritas Water Crib - 100$

I have three Norton water stones and the Veritas Water Crib for sale. The stones are grits: 220, 1000, and 4000. They are all in good condition with plenty of life left. I have flattened them all on both sides with a diamond lapping plate. The Veritas water crib can hold two stones at a time...
  2. M

Dovetail Joiners Mallet

I was recently challenged on Instagram to build a mallet using nothing but hand tools. I've always enjoyed the use of hand tools in my work, but figured this was a good way to push my skills and get me outside of my comfort zone. I could have done a pretty standard mallet design, but I decided...
  3. M

CL Woodworking Tools in Rolesville

Good evening! I'm in the market for some hand saws and have seen many posts in Roseville selling refurbished woodworking tools. Does that happen to be anyone here? -Bromley
  4. M

Nursery Dresser Build **Completed**

A little while back I completed the crib and I designed a dresser to match it. My wife's due date is July 12th so I've been working hard to get it completed. Not sure I will make it at this point but it's really close. I just have some staining, top coat and assembly left to do. Here are...
  5. M

Water Based Wood Conditioner - Time window to Stain?

I'm using a Minwax water based stain on my crib build and as a result have to raise the grain and sand prior. I've been using the Minwax water based conditioner (most likely glorified water) to raise the grain. I cannot find any mention of a timeline between the pre conditioner and staining in...
  6. M

New to me Powermatic 66

Some exciting news, I've finally picked up a cabinet saw to replace my little Dewalt contractors saw. I had been considering a Grizzly for a while, but when I found this deal on Craigslist I couldn't pass it up. It was a little more than I had intended on spending, but it included the Incra...
  7. M

Delta Unisaw - Riving Knife?

Good evening, I've been searching for a cabinet saw to upgrade to for a while now and have come across a 3 hp Delta Unisaw. Overall I know it is a nice piece of equipment, but I'm curious to know if it has a riving knife? or at what point the Unisaws came with a riving knife? and lastly is...
  8. M

Electrical in the middle of the shop

I've got a subpanel in my garage/shop now and am beginning to plan the layout and circuits that I will add. I'm leaning towards setting up an island with the table saw, band saw, and planer all sharing a large outfeed/assembly table. Now the question is what is the best way to get power there...
  9. M

Weekend Shop Organization

I finally got fed up with my shop being a mess and disorganized so this weekend I started down the path of getting it more permanently set up. I built a lumber rack to get all my scrap wood off of every horizontal surface in the shop. I plan to build a miter saw station below the lumber rack...
  10. M

Crib Project from Design to Completion - *Completed*

Good morning all! Starting off with good news, my wife and I are expecting our first kid. Hence the reasoning for building a crib (if it wasn't self explanatory already :p) My wife picked some designs that she liked and I've begun the design process. I plan to continue updating this thread...
  11. M

First Hand Cut Half Blind Dovetails

I built two night stands a while back, but never built the drawers because I wanted to try my hand at half blind dovetails. A couple of weeks ago I picked up a Veritas dove tail saw to get started. I've watched a TON of videos as well as reading Fine Woodworking articles so I felt semi...
  12. M

Headboard Project

I've been working on building a headboard as my most recent project. This has been my biggest project to date and made me realize that an assembly table of sorts would really be nice to have. I've learned a lot throughout this project so far and ran into some pretty frustrating things. I...
  13. M

New Hokie in Raleigh

Hey all, I'm relatively new to Raleigh just moving to the area a year ago. I grew up in the construction industry as my dad owns a general contracting business and as result have always been very hands on. I studied mechanical engineering at Virginia Tech (Go Hokies!) and work for a start up...

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS