Search results

1. M

Sliding leg vise with X cross

Great design! I've been kicking ideas around to build one myself for a while because I can't stomach the benchcrafted prices.
  2. M

Anyone here have a ClearVue CV1800 or CVMax?

You make a good point... Not a great use of space to do it but it's possible. I'll run it like this initially. I would probably have to just add another bend to the first drop which isn't a deal breaker.
  3. M

This is the main line, it worked out pretty well.
  4. M

I actually just went through this earlier this week as I have the CV1800 and am setting up a new shop. I used spiral metal ducting and my main trunk extends straight out at the 11 degree angle. I was able to slip the connectors some on the drops down to correct for the 11 degrees. So...
  5. M

Grizzly Track-Saw Master Pack

I haven't heard very good reviews on that track saw system unfortunately.
  6. M

Cutting Mortises

I'll also give my vote to the Whiteside or Klingspor upcut bit. The upcut will help clear the waste which is needed when cutting a mortise. I just use a marking knife to score the perimeter of the mortise to prevent any tearout.
  7. M

Norton Water Stones and Veritas Water Crib - 100$

Anyone interested? Make me an offer. I'm moving out of Raleigh in 3 weeks unfortunately
  8. M

Norton Water Stones and Veritas Water Crib - 100$

I have three Norton water stones and the Veritas Water Crib for sale. The stones are grits: 220, 1000, and 4000. They are all in good condition with plenty of life left. I have flattened them all on both sides with a diamond lapping plate. The Veritas water crib can hold two stones at a time...
  9. M

Final Post - My attempt at a Maloof style rocker

That is looking great! This style chair is definitely on my woodworking bucket list.
  10. M

Hal Taylor style rocker finally done...

Beautiful piece! I agree with the others, I love your placement of sap wood. It was obviously intentional and very well done.
  11. M

Half-size chest

Great looking piece! Thanks for sharing all of the progress pictures.
  12. M

Morris Chairs need someone to complete them

Beautiful chairs! I'm potentially interested in some of the power tools, I'll keep an eye out.
  13. M

Yes, you can route cast iron!

Good to know as a backup.. my Powermatic Model 66 miter slot narrows at either end. It's making it very difficult to set up the saw alignment. I'm going to have to come up with something to fix the slot family router may just do it in a pinch.
  14. M

Table-top attachment (bowling alley)

I would agree that based on the grain orientation for a bowling alley that you would see little if any movement. You could always firmly attach one end and slot the opposing through hole on the 1x6 to allow for movement. Out of curiosity where did you source the bowling alley piece? I've got a...
  15. M

MITER SAW ON 12' CABINET, FORMICA TOP, 18 DRAWERS, HANGING WALL CABINET SOLD

Wow that is an impressive setup and a steal of a deal!
  16. M

Another game of tree identification

Carolina Urban Lumber Sawmill just recently posted a picture of some fresh sawn Hackberry over on instagram and it looks almost exactly the same as far as coloring and figure. They are @carolinaurbanlumbersawmill if you want to check out the image, it was posted yesterday 8/5/2019.
  17. M

Undermount sink

I'm following as my wife would like the same. I've seen this done once before and the butcher block was splitting so obviously done improperly. The main concern is sealing up the end grain so I'm not sure what is reliable enough to do so. Maybe spar varnish?
  18. M

CAD Software of Choice

I have used many CAD packages but currently I use Onshape at home and professionally. It's another free cloud based parametric CAD package. One of the big benefits is an open source like API that allow users to develop custom features. There are a bunch of features to make modeling things...
  19. M

ABOUT SAW INSERTS AND SHIPPING

Great thank you, that works for me. What is your preferred payment method? I will try to make it on the 6th, but I'll have to check with my wife. It's tough to get out with the little one on the weekends. If I can't make it that day I'll work with Phil to get it from him.
  20. M

ABOUT SAW INSERTS AND SHIPPING

Thanks for the reminder Bruce, I had posted about 2 or 3 inserts for a Powermatic Model 66. If you did get them I'm in Raleigh as well and could arrange payment in whatever way works best for you.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS