Search results

1. Kdub

Really Old Wood

I saw General Sherman and I went to see the ancient bristle cones in California. They were both impressive, especially thinking that some of those bristle cones were there in Jesus' time.
  2. Kdub

WIP walnut secretary

mike, that's one good looking secretary. are you working off of a plan or out of you head or both? how tall is it, it's not easy to tell in the pic. keep up the good work, can't wait to see the finished product. what about the hardware, picked it out yet?
  3. Kdub

My first real chair!

nice looking chair! when's your next one?
  4. Kdub

Harvesting my walnut crop?

did you have those no sapwood walnuts or something? those boards look real good.
  5. Kdub

Anyone turning things this large?

I wonder how, and maybe Anatoly knows the answer. How do you get the moisture down on the large pieces so they don't split when they dry?
  6. Kdub

I surived furniture boot camp!!

That sounds really awesome. I visited MESDA back at the first of the year and that's a nice collection. I can only imagine what you saw in the other places. Can't wait to see the pics. Kurt
  7. Kdub

How to make this cut?

I'm seeing possibly using a biscuit jointer pressed in and raised as it's pulled to the bottom of the handle area. Or a lancelot blade on the side grinder may do the trick. they can take a lot of wood out fast. good luck kurt
  8. Kdub

Walnut wall panels - miter madness!

Wow, that looks awesome! Hope we can see the finished product. kurt
  9. Kdub

Need some suggestions for efficiency.....

would a lean-to be a feasible solution? perhaps place the suggested shelves there and open up space in doors for workspace. as far as organization when working, i practice the hunt and find method, when i need something i try to remember where i had it last and if it's not there, one advantage...
  10. Kdub

make oak look like walnut?

thanks for the advice john. we're still working at it. kurt
  11. Kdub

thanks for the info guys, it looks like mohawk has a lot of colors. is there a retail store that carries mohawk or is it only available on the internet? thanks again kurt
  12. Kdub

On a floor does anyone have a recipe of stain combos to make white oak as dark and brown as a piece of walnut laying beside of it. I know the grain is different but i think i can live with it for the price difference. Or possibly just a starting point I'm going to try some experimenting myself...
  13. Kdub

Sam Maloof on the radio

Was riding in this evening and heard Sam Maloof on NPR. http://www.npr.org/templates/story/story.php?storyId=103340463 I didn't know is home was a tourist attraction. I thought it was neat, hope you do too. Kurt
  14. Kdub

2 weeks with Brian Boggs Part 1

Looks like a good time. just wondering if you wove the seat as well? thanks for the insight on the class. kurt
  15. Kdub

Cool Woodstack Pic

I like the axe in the stump.
  16. Kdub

Stone Inlaid Turnings

those things are unreal. i'm planning on reading the article on techniques on his website. were there any jewels of information that you took away that you would like to share? thanks for sharing. look forward to seeing your pieces. kurt
  17. Kdub

New shop under construction

that's a good looking shop, can't wait to see pics of the inside. have you been building it yourself? how long have you been working on it? kurt
  18. Kdub

Dining table in the style of Greene and Greene

those are extra nice. the accents on the breadboard ends, are they just decorative or do they serve a purpose, they're nice either way just curious. what kind of time do you have invested in those pieces, at the rate i work it would probably take about 5 yrs. but those are awesome.
  19. Kdub

Augmenting heat options?

if you enjoy working fire wood a water stove is a good option. i'm not familiar with gas packs, but electricity is probably the cheapest option for heating in nc at this time, partially due to the low utility rates. i'm not sure who your gas supplier is but it's a good bit cheaper than last...
  20. Kdub

Some pics of my work

Those look awesome! on the pedestal, the center circle and the band around the top, are they ebony? also, how long did it take to make the aces? keep it up.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS