Search results

1. LocoWoodWork

Bought my first Tractor

Ford 1720 or 1920. Tough and low maintenance.
  2. LocoWoodWork

Toys for Christmas

Deer rattle which sounds like antlers clanking?
  3. LocoWoodWork

Should I or don't worry about it?

I've never used any CA that requires an accelerator. Maybe some who has will chime in.
  4. LocoWoodWork

Should I or don't worry about it?

If you haven't put a finish on it the CA should stabilize it. I would fill the crack with very fine walnut sanding dust, apply thin CA in the crack and then sprinkle with dust again. After drying give it a sanding being careful not to make a low spot. Check the opposite side for crack. If...
  5. LocoWoodWork

Help getting started...

My shop has never been as clean as your mess!!!
  6. LocoWoodWork

TWO six-foot Long Steel Bar Clamps - $50 (LENOIR)

Still too far apart... I was looking for some on a single 2x6 at about 1.5" apart. Blue crabs are plentiful in the area. My favorite are softshell.
  7. LocoWoodWork

TWO six-foot Long Steel Bar Clamps - $50 (LENOIR)

I'd take'm if they were closer.
  8. LocoWoodWork

30 inch newman planer - $3,000 (earlysville) Not mine

I run mine on a 10hp homemade one. My son on law made it and I inherited it when he moved up to a large commercial static converter. He got the motor, electrical box from a recycle/scrap yard. I purchased a used three ph panel at a yard sale for $20 including the breakers. Works like a charm.
  9. LocoWoodWork

30 inch newman planer - $3,000 (earlysville) Not mine

Rotary Phase Converter is a less expensive way to go and you can power all your 3ph machines from one source.
  10. LocoWoodWork

Need a dehumidifier that lasts, suggestions?

There's a company that makes crawl space dehumidifiers in Surf City, NC. I had my 2500 sq ft crawl space encapsulated in 2018 and installed a Seaira Global dehumidifier. I've been running it since. Had a problem with the circuit board once and the installer replaced the board within a week...
  11. LocoWoodWork

White Oak?

Chestnut Oak?
  12. LocoWoodWork

Forstner Bit for ash question

+1 on slow speed for forstner bits. 8-900 rpm is way too fast IMO.
  13. LocoWoodWork

Teak root furniture

My wife and I just spent a weekend there during Ian. Son was running in 1/2 marathon. You could spend hours in that place and never see it all! You can buy anything from a goat hide to a ornate door.
  14. LocoWoodWork

New scroll saw user

I always tell my kids that if I'd known how great being a Papa is, I would have skipped them!!!
  15. LocoWoodWork

Old iron...Any value?

I hope it doesn't end up in the scrap!
  16. LocoWoodWork

Finishing, trick question

Condensation?
  17. LocoWoodWork

Wood ID help

I just got three persimmon logs from a neighbor. The bark looks very similar to your image. Butt end looks yellowish but lacks the dark center. These appear to be very hard.
  18. LocoWoodWork

I guess there are no laws prohibiting carving while driving and definitely no hands free carving devices!!!:p:p

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS