Search results

1. mpholway

Exciting addition to the 2024 picnic - Stay Tuned

Attention all NCWW members. This year, May 18, 2024, we will be making an exciting addition to our annual picnic. Please check back with us on Sunday, April 14th to see what all of the fuss is about.
  2. mpholway

May 4th - Celebration of Klingspor's NEW SUPERSTORE

Hello fellow NCWWers. Klingspor is looking for any members interested in helping out in the Hickory store on Saturday May 4th. It will be a perfect day for making lightsabers as it will be STAR WARS DAY (May the 4th be with you). Please let me know as soon as you are able if you can make it...
  3. mpholway

A creative storage solution

What do you do when there are over 100 rattle cans of paint taking up space in your shop? You build a portable storage solution, at least that is what I did here.
  4. mpholway

The Hardwood Store of North Carolina Grand Opening Event

Your NCWW demo team (anyone that was willing to show up and help) knocked it out of the park today at the new Salisbury location of The Hardwood Store of North Carolina. We had a chance to play with wood, visit with one another, learn a little something, make some kids happy, promote the...
  5. mpholway

Sandhills Lunch Bunch

I am wondering how many folks in the sandhills area might be interested in having a monthly lunch meeting somewhere near Southern Pines. Please reply on this thread and see how much interest we might be able to garner.
  6. mpholway

NCWW 2024 Annual Picnic

It’s that time of year! The annual NCWW picnic is here. It will be held on Saturday, May 18 at Jordan Lake State Park. Entry is free to all members and their guests who RSVP. We are requiring an RSVP. We need to ensure that we can feed everyone and that all attendees receive a door prize. If...
  7. mpholway

Question about Brazilian Ebony

Hello all, This is the first time I have ever used Brazilian Ebony. I received my order form Bell Forest yesterday and when cut a slice it was not black as I expected it was yellow white. (See photo below) Can someone provide some insight?
  8. mpholway

2024 North Carolina Woodworker Picnic and Raffle Planning

While you all have been making chips fly and turning perfectly good wood into piles of sawdust the NCWW Board of Directors has been very busy planning for the May 18 Picnic and raffle. In preparation for the biggest picnic ever you need to: save the date on your calendar and save your lunch...
  9. mpholway

Call for members to demo at Hardwood Store of NC Grand Opening

Hello all, The Hardwood Store of North Carolina is going to be celebrating their new store opening in Salisbury NC on March 23 from 9:00 AM until 2:00 PM. They have reached out to us and asked if we would be willing to set up for some demonstrations. I am trying to put together a team of folks...
  10. mpholway

Bridgewood 15" Planer for sale - $400 (SOLD)

Bridgewood Planer - $400 15" 3 HP 220 single phase 15 amp 4 straight cutter blades Near Pinehurst This is not mine, I am helping a friend. Message me and I will get you his contact details.
  11. mpholway

Assist with an estate

Hello all, A new member via Facebook posted the following: "I am cleaning out my in-laws estate, and have a barn with old planers, table saws, band saws, dust collection, etc.. I'm in the Apex/New Hill area around Jordan Lake. Is there any interest here? I am not interested in listing/selling...
  12. mpholway

Looking for a local woodturning group

I live in West End and I am trying to connect with a local (Sandhills) wood turning group. Anybody have any thoughts? Matt
  13. mpholway

Turning out the next generation

My grandsons had a chance to visit Michael Mathews at his shop yesterday and make some lightsabers. They really enjoyed themselves and had a chance to experience the patient tutelage of Michael as he walked then through the wood turning process. I was impressed by what they were able to come...
  14. mpholway

Soliciting advice on a workshop expansion.

I currently have a workshop that I have outgrown mostly due to a large supply of wood. My current shop only has 8 foot ceilings and it make it problematic to store and move long sock and 4x8 panels. I currently have about 1/4 of my existing shop tied up with wood storage and I also have wood...
  15. mpholway

A Christmas gift and my first SOLO turned project

A little back story: My father-in-law, Dale Clemens (deceased) was a brilliant wood turner. When he passed, I inherited his Oneway 2436. Over the last eight years it has pretty much collected dust. I had the machine, the tools, the shop space, and the opportunity. What also had was a fear of...
  16. mpholway

Pony Express - Winston Salem to Raleigh

I will be in Winston Salem tomorrow (Saturday, December 9) for Klingspor's Anniversary Event. I was wondering if anyone form the Raleigh area will be attending so I can get them to carry the Blind Auction prize back to BearRepublic in Raleigh. Please reach out via DM if you can help. Thanks...
  17. mpholway

Panel Clamp System - self sponsored blind auction

Hello all, I am going to try something a little different to sell a tool, earn money for a good cause, and raise awareness of an awesome NCWW endeavor: The NCWW Scholarship Endowment. I have a "Panel Max Glue Press" that I purchased from a NCWW members estate that I would like to sell with the...
  18. mpholway

Laser cutting/engraving

I bought an XTOOLS D1 Pro a little bit ago and I am just starting to get into the laser engraving/cutting. I need some advise as to where to go for ideas, designs, and supplies. Any suggestions that can be proffered will be greatly appreciated.
  19. mpholway

Donation requested - DW7880 Scroll Saw Stand

Hello all, We need a DW7880 Scroll Saw Stand for when we do demos. If you have one collecting dust that you would be willing to donate it, please reach out so we can arrange to get it to Hickory for the Extravaganza next week. Thanks, Matt Holway Events Director PS: We (NCWoodWorkers) are...
  20. mpholway

Redbox tool bench for sale

Redbox tool bench for sale. For anyone looking for that perfect gift to encourage a little person to experience the joys of woodworking I have the perfect shop accoutrement. My grandkids have all out grown it but the loved it before they graduated to the full sized bench. It is extremely...

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS