Search results

1. F

Progress on rocking chair

Nice work Mike! That is a nice looking pair. The chair is wonderful and my wife is extremely happy. Thank you for the wonderful gift. I am looking forward to putting the marking gauge to good use.
  2. F

Progress on rocking chair

Mike, I can't thank you enough for your hard work on this project. The pictures look great. That really is masterful work. I cannot wait to see it in person. Kind Regards, Dan
  3. F

Broken Rocker Runner in Davidson NC

First off thank you all for your help with this. Charley, Sorry I was caught up with some things last night. The rocker runners are 1 1/2 tall with a small decorative piece at each end that is 1 inch tall making it 2 inches tall there. Mike will be doing a bent lamination so the width...
  4. F

I just measured the rocker runner and its about 37 inches long which means the boards would need to be longer to account for the curve. The runner is also exactly 1 1/4 wide. @Charley - Do you have any boards that would allow me to get two full runners? I would be willing to pay for them.
  5. F

Charles - I appreciate the response and generous offer for the wood. I agree that the building techniques utilized on this rocker are not the best. I definitely would have done things differently. Mike - That would be great. Walnut cove appears to be an hour and a half away. I will PM you and...
  6. F

Mike and Vic - Thank you very much for your offers. Unfortunately I do not have the time to do the repair myself. I have a 9 month old and its difficult to commit the time needed for the project. I am looking to hire someone to do the work who is in the area. Charles - I really appreciate the...
  7. F

I’m not sure if this is the right area to post this. While I myself am a woodworker I am in a bit of a pickle. I no longer have any of my tools and didn’t plan to setup my shop again for a few years. My wife and I just recently moved. During this move a family heirloom rocking chair that my...
  8. F

Looking for Someone To Make Me A Benchcrafted Roubo

I definitely think that someone could build one. I am basically looking for something similar to the model that Benchcrafted has on their website. I could make my own if I still had the equipment to complete the task in a month or so part time. At the current point in time I would have to do the...
  9. F

I think that I may go the Sjobergs Elite or Lie-Nielsen route. I got a quote from Plate11 and its a bit higher than I expected. Somewhere in the 3k range works for me. Plate 11 wants 4,500 plus more for some of the bells and whistles. I think that is a bit out of my range at the moment. $1,500...
  10. F

As far as I am aware you can only order the kit with the parts and plans and not a finished bench. Do you have a link to the finished benches?
  11. F

I have drastically downsized my shop recently and am moving to an all hand tool setup. I would really like a Benchcrafted Roubo with all of the bells and whistles. I also would like the full benchtop moxon vise that they have on their website. The problem is I no longer have the machinery to...

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS