Final Cabinet
Steve D

Final Cabinet

Man!.........Steve, your cabinets are fantastic.:icon_thum You do really great work and must have a bundle of time invested in these cabinets. I have a few questions for you if you don't mind me asking.

What finish did you use on the face frames and for the inside of the cabinets?

What species of sheet goods did you use for the carcases?

On your base cabinet with the angled bump out, what type of drawer hardware did you use and how did you mount it?

Great Job:eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap

D L

DL,
Sorry, I didn't see your questions here until just now. The inside of the cabinets, except for the bump out, which will have glass doors, are just clear coated with lacquer. Most of the sheet goods are birch ply except a few that are visible and those are walnut ply. The frames are walnut, sprayed with Transtint Analine Dye and then clear coated with satin lacquer. I haven't done the drawers yet but since I'm going to do dovetailed cherry boxes, I will use undermount drawer slides. Since the cabinet is so deep I will put stringers accross the back to mount the rear brackets.

I appreciate the kind words, its been a fun project but I definitely have a lot of time into it.

Thanks for the response Steve. I am out of the area for about a week and wil only get a chance to log in occassionaly. Great idea on using undermounts along with the a stringer in the back. I was wondering how you planned to do that since the cabinet is so deep.

D L

Media information

Album
Kitchen Cabinets
Added by
Steve D
Date added
View count
Comment count
Rating
0.00 star(s) 0 ratings

Share this media