First project and gloat

Status
Not open for further replies.

SteveCogs

New User
Steve
Hello all,
I've finally finished my first real piece of furniture and have a few pics to share. It's a changing table for the gloat. Our first child was born Sat Morning at 12:17AM. Hence the GLOAT :banana::banana::banana::eusa_danc:eusa_danc:eusa_danc

The changing table took about as long as it took LOML to produce Alexander James. Both are a huge success. She has asked me to build a few more pieces when I'm done with the crib. So, that means more tools:gar-La;.
Anyway...here are a few pics.
Thanks for looking
Steve

The glue-up. NEED MORE CLAMPS!!!
changing_table_glueup.jpg

2 coats of shellac and 4 of lacquer
changing_table_finished.jpg

Final product being occupied.:gar-La;:gar-La;:gar-La;
changing_table_occupied.jpg

ScottM

Scott
Staff member
Corporate Member
Congrats Steve. :icon_thum Now that is a gloat if I ever saw one. IMHO having children changes life forever. It is a good change. Enjoy him. They DO grow up much to fast.

DaveO

New User
DaveO
Beautiful, both the changing table and your new boy. Congratulations on the addition to your family.

Dave:)

PChristy

New User
Phillip
Congratulations Steve:icon_thum Tha is one good looking gloat you have there and the changing table looks great also - believe me they do grow up fast - I was over to see SIL and my little grandson at 2 years of age - he sure is alot of fun:eusa_danc

Canuck

Wayne
Corporate Member
SUPER GLOAT!!!!:icon_cheers:icon_cheers:icon_cheers:icon_cheers

Congratulations to you and your wife there, Steve!!!!:eusa_clap:eusa_clap

That changing table looks super and the wee one looks right at home.

Thanks for sharing the pics!:icon_thum
Wayne

Trent Mason

New User
Trent Mason
CONGRATS!!!! :eusa_clap:eusa_clap:eusa_clap:eusa_clap:eusa_clap

Those are two excellent gloats! :thumbs_up:thumbs_up:thumbs_up:thumbs_up:thumbs_up

tjgreen

New User
Tim
Great work on the changing table, looks perfect. Personally I'm pretty sure your wife deserves the gloat for the boy though. Be like the dude who planted the tree where the wood came from boasting about your table :) . Just kidding, congrats, that's terrific!

My wife's about to have our first (and second :help:), so good luck, and lemme know any strategies for finding shop time for the next year. To paraphrase Han Solo, I've got a bad feeling about that.

TracyP

Administrator , Forum Moderator
Tracy
Super congrats on the new family member,The changing table is nicely done also:gar-Bi.

sapwood

New User
Roger
Thanks for bringing a big smile to my face this evening :gar-Bi
Everyone deserves a "job well done" on this project!

Roger

T

toolferone

CONGRATS!!!!:icon_cheers:icon_cheers
My kids are the best thing that ever happened to me.

Welcome to the club Dad.:eusa_clap

btw, nice changing table too.

RandyJ

Randy
Corporate Member
Although you did a great job on the changing table, I'll have to say you did better on the son:icon_cheers.
Congratulations to you and your wife on a job well done:eusa_clap

FuzzWuzz16

New User
Jim Fossler
WOW!!
What a WONDERFUL GLOAT!!!!
You did a good job on the table but SUPER job with LOYL on your first born!!
CONGRATULATIONS!
Jim

ptt49er

Phillip
Corporate Member
CONGRATULATIONS MOMMA & POPPA!!

It ain't always easy, but it's the hardest job I've ever loved!

The changing table don't look half bad either ;-)

medic

New User
john
congratulations on the new woodworker, and I know that great looking changing table is going to get a lot of use . Diapers and formula do come BEFORE clamps Enjoy your new addition

James Davis

New User
James Davis
Congrats on the new helper. and the changing table will be something that you and LOYL will get to use a lot!

James

MrAudio815

New User
Matthew
Cingratulations Steve,

I just had my first Baby boy Dec 30th 2008 and am loving it. My wife wants me to build her a changing table as well and loves yours. However I will be building it out of MDF, don't have to money for hardwoods right now. Will post when completed.

Thanks for sharing, enjoyed it greatly!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS