Unsuitable Ads from Google Adsense

Status
Not open for further replies.

SteveColes

New User
Steve
Yes there was an ad that showed up yesterday, whose content was against site policy. I believe that I have modified our settings so that one will not how up again.

This has happened only four times in the 6.5 months that we have been displaying Google Ads. We apologize for this happening and do our best to either prevent this from happening or to stop it as soon as we know about it.

When we notice or are told about an inappropriate ad, we go to the Google adsense center and try to explictly ban that ad.In fact we block any ads coming from that source, if we can identify the source. For instance, we no longer accept ads that come from the comedychannel.com.

The blocking action takes some time to take effect from the time we start it. So it is best that the staff be informed ASAP.

I would ask that the following notification procedure be followed:
Do NOT use the help desk to report the issue. This just draws attention to the ad that most users may not have even seen. In addition, the thread started becomes a breeding place for debate that in itself is probably not what we want to see either.

Instead, click on the "Contact Us" link at the bottom of each page. I've just added a category for reporting ads.

Thanks for understanding and I promise that we will everything in our power to make sure that we make that this an infrequent occurance..

BTW, in the 6 months that we have been running the Google ads, we have received approx $1500 are an average of the $250/month:eusa_danc Of course, the monthly numbers vary widely.

Sept 2008 = $103
Dec 2008 = $470

JimmyC

New User
Jimmy
Looking past the ad content problem, I heard good news. Averaging $250 a month from google adsense :icon_thum, I hope this can keep up for a the whole year.

Good Job !

Glennbear

Glenn
Thanks again for all the labor you put into the site Steve, like Jimmy said the regular income is a good thing. :wsmile:

CaptnA

Andy
Corporate Member
Mr. Steve
I'd like to help the site so I could volunteer to check out anything that might be objectionable. Send your questionable sites to me and if I grin, they probably aren't suitable for the majority of our members...
:rotflm:
You DO know I'm pulling your leg, right??????:elvis: Oh Lord where's my mail block setting????

Thank you for watching this and all the other stuff.
Things slip by from time to time. Its the double edge of the internet sword. Y'all do a prettty dang good job I think.
The general rule at work is to ask yourself - would I share this with my mother, my sister, my daughter, my pastor, etc? If not then why share it with the other people around you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS