The Wood (heh,heh) smith Shop, new season, started today on WUNC but ...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rick M

New User
Rick
it's airing on UNC-MX, some substation I can't pick up. It's not my favorite woodworking show but I'd rather have it than not. I sent an email asking if they will be airing it on the regular UNC-TV channel. How will we ever learn what Don thinks is so funny! If anyone else is interested in the show being aired, here is their email address: viewer@unctv.org

KenOfCary

Ken
Staff member
Corporate Member
I really need to get my WINTV PC working again. The Hard Drive failed and I just haven't gotten that round tuit to tear it down and fix it. I used to record all the woodworking shows off of PBS on that box for later viewing. Of course I'm not having much 'later viewing' time either so maybe its just as well I'm not filling up more terabytes of hard drive with HD video.

Tarhead

Mark
Corporate Member
If you are connected to cable/sat TV disconnect and try an antenna. MX broadcasts with the regular PBS station HD signal. If you can get regular PBS you should be able to get MX. I pick it up with small rabbit ears.

KenOfCary

Ken
Staff member
Corporate Member
Right, my PC has an HD receiver fob connected to the USB port and a $79 Radio Shack HD antenna on the porch. PBS has lots of strong OTA channels in the area.

Rick M

New User
Rick
If you are connected to cable/sat TV disconnect and try an antenna. MX broadcasts with the regular PBS station HD signal. If you can get regular PBS you should be able to get MX. I pick it up with small rabbit ears.

Yeah, that is OTA. I get 3 UNC stations but not MX.

No response yet from WUNC to my email.

nn4jw

New User
Jim
Here in Durham TWC I can pick up UNC-MX on basic cable without a cable box. In other words, just plug a digital tv into the cable without a box, configure the tv for tv input, let it scan for active channels. Channel 4.1 is MX here. Of course, it's also on the cable box on a different channel. OP didn't say if he was on cable, satellite or what, but if on cable it might be worth a try to see what broadcast channels are there. TWC doesn't really advertise this and there are some channels there not shown in their programming guides.

Rick M

New User
Rick
Here in Durham TWC I can pick up UNC-MX on basic cable without a cable box. In other words, just plug a digital tv into the cable without a box, configure the tv for tv input, let it scan for active channels. Channel 4.1 is MX here. Of course, it's also on the cable box on a different channel. OP didn't say if he was on cable, satellite or what, but if on cable it might be worth a try to see what broadcast channels are there. TWC doesn't really advertise this and there are some channels there not shown in their programming guides.

I'm on DISH. They only carry the primary UNC channel. I can get TV, EX, and KD with rabbit ears, but not MX.

NOTW

Notw
Senior User
thought this might help....
Thank you for your interest in UNC-TV. In response to your inquiry, Season 8 will begin January 31, 2015 at 3pm.

If you should have any further questions, comments, or concerns, please feel free to reply to this email or call the UNC-TV's Customer Care Department directly at 1-888-292-7070.

UNC-TV's unique programs and services provide people of all ages with enriching, life-changing television. Thank you for watching member-supported UNC-TV, North Carolina's statewide public television network.

Sincerely,

Jasmine
Customer Care Representative

1-888-292-7070

UNC-TV

Rick M

New User
Rick
Nice, thanks. You got a response. Did you email that person specifically?
- Rick M, sent via Tapatalk

NOTW

Notw
Senior User
no, I had sent an email to the general contact us email address a couple of weeks ago and got that response within 24 hrs

bwat

New User
Bill
I'm surprised there have not been previous comments on your thread title. Don's rolling "heh, heh" makes my wife leave the room whenever the show airs :)

Rick M

New User
Rick
My kids imitate, heh heh, Don for pretty much the whole season. I give the guy some grief but I like the show. Might be better with fewer people though. My favorite episode is the one where they build Don's Grandfather's tool chest.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS