Sword, shield, and body armor :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alex Franke

New User
Alex
Check out this classy body armor that my son found in our recycling bin :) -- it came free with my new $99 router!

I made the sword and shield for him last month, but now since he's come up with the armor all by himself, I only need to figure out the helmet!

(And no, I cannot produce a 3rd party lead test certificate for them. ;))

jacob-armor.jpg

RayH

New User
Ray
Is that what's called a "stealth gloat"?:icon_scra

Looks good -- the router box, too.:gar-La;

TracyP

Administrator , Forum Moderator
Tracy
He looks like he is ready for battle. The imaginations of young ones never cease to amaze me.

PChristy

New User
Phillip
That is cool Alex - I am guessing that my grandson will be into that here very soon - I can't wait:eusa_danc

Alex Franke

New User
Alex
Thanks, all! He definitely loves these toys, and that just warms my heart, of course. :)

How did you get hime to stand still for the picture?

Very fast shutter speed :)

Cool, how did you do the crest on the sheild???

That's actually our family coat of arms. I sketched it by hand, painted with poster paint, then cleaned up the lines a bit with a sharpie. To protect it, I used several coats of spray on poly.

The screws look a bit like rivets, which I think is a nice (albeit accidental) touch. Here's what the shield looks like on the inside. It's curved around a couple scraps of 2x4 with a piece of old mop handle running between them. (I'm a bit of a wood packrat. ;) )

shield2.jpg

R

rickc

He looks like he is ready for battle. The imaginations of young ones never cease to amaze me.

Definitely. There is (in my opinion) a very sad commercial on TV now. It opens with several kids playing on a swing set with their mom's in "stealth" mode checking in on them. Kids appear to be having a blast. Next some comment about being able to keep an eye on them or something to that effect and the following scene, they are all at one of these theme restaurants playing video games and air hockey. What a shame.

I would bet in 20 years, this young man will remember the home made sword & shield his Dad made for him and the fun he had, with much more pride and emotion than any video game would give him. :icon_thum

Robert Arrowood

New User
Robert Arrowood
If you think about it WE are all still kids.Look what we do with SCRAP wood:rotflm::rotflm::rotflm:.And as far as being a wood hoarder some of my beat piece's were made out of "Trash wood". That is a cool shield and sword.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS