Should this be public?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Douglas Robinson

Doug Robinson
Corporate Member
Does the BoD want me to post the results with the information JimmyC mentioned? I hadn't planned on it, but I can. I don't have a reason not to, and if we want to be transparent then I will. What do all of you think?

Douglas Robinson

Doug Robinson
Corporate Member
Yeah, I thought that too. Since most of the people that ran are able to act like adults, I guess no one will take the results personally and wonder why people don't like them more. The voting was all over the place with how people spread out their votes.

gator

George
Corporate Member
I don't think that there is any question. Of course the information needs to be posted. Included should also be , total number of corporate membership, total number (and percentage) of those voting and the tally of the vote by candidate.

As I recall, this is not required specifically by the By-Laws, but I feel it should be open and public to the Corporate Membership.

I would also be willing to bet that it takes less than a day for the numbers to appear on an open forum, but there is no way we can prevent that without monitoring every post for a week and approving them before they appear on a forum.

George

scsmith42

New User
Scott Smith
I can go either way on this, but because we're a corporation, and also because it has been requested, I would support publishing the information.

As a courtesy though, I would release the information privately to the non-elected candidates in advance of posting it on the forum, so that they will know where they ended up and have some time to collect their thoughts.

If there are any candidates that had an extremely low vote count, one good option may be to publicly release the number of votes for the first two "runners up" , and then simply show the votes for the remainder as "less than" the second runner up. This might be a more gentle approach that can help someone save face and be in spirit of the "kindness" that we strive for on the forum. I'd still let the un-elected candidates know their exact vote count; just not post the lower numbers for the public.

Douglas Robinson

Doug Robinson
Corporate Member
Scott:

Only issue is that one of the lowest totals is someone that probably wants it published. How about I send the non-elected members the PM and ask them if they want their totals published?

Doug

gator

George
Corporate Member
Two more cents worth (and not worth that with inflation). When you jump into politics, whether it be a national election or a small local election, you open yourself up for whatever the results are. I think that the full count should be public to the 'Corporate Members'.

George

M

McRabbet

IMHO, the results were announced -- a quorum was reached and the elected members of the Board of Directors received sufficient votes to be elected while those that received fewer did not get elected. I suggest we defer discussion of this to the Board of Directors meeting.

TracyP

Administrator , Forum Moderator
Tracy
All of the above responses are the exact reason I posted the question. A very few will likely respond negatively, but there will be the few. Jimmy has a reason for asking. I agree that the current and future BOD discuss it at the board meeting.

Douglas Robinson

Doug Robinson
Corporate Member
I have sent the non-elected candidates PMs asking if they want their vote totals published. I told them what their totals were.

scsmith42

New User
Scott Smith
Three yeses so far, two to go and I will publish.

All - I think that we can safely field this one over the thread, rather than waiting for the board meeting. The longer that we wait on publishing a decision, the more unrest that may develop.

Unless there is significant thought otherwise, if all the unelected members approve publishing the results then I think that Doug should move forward in that direction, posting them on the Corporate Member forum.

If we have any nay-sayers amongst the un-elected, then let's discuss options via this string and see if we can wrap this up this week.

Douglas Robinson

Doug Robinson
Corporate Member
I have the memory stick with the data on it. If I get the ok from thesource and NCTurner I plan on going ahead and posting in the corporate member forum in a new thread. Should I close the thread right after posting? I am not looking to create a conversation. However, would that cause it to bleed into the other threads? Let me hear from you.

scsmith42

New User
Scott Smith
I have the memory stick with the data on it. If I get the ok from thesource and NCTurner I plan on going ahead and posting in the corporate member forum in a new thread. Should I close the thread right after posting? I am not looking to create a conversation. However, would that cause it to bleed into the other threads? Let me hear from you.

Doug, I'm all for closing it after posting it. Perhaps you could make a statement that if anyone has any questions or comments to please send them to you via PM.

Douglas Robinson

Doug Robinson
Corporate Member
Everyone has given their ok so I will post the results this AM. BTW: Most of the individuals that ran for office have expressed their continued interest in helping out the corporation. We should take them up on these offers after the BoD meeting. If they can assist some of the members of the Board then we are training the next Board as we move ahead.

scsmith42

New User
Scott Smith
Everyone has given their ok so I will post the results this AM. BTW: Most of the individuals that ran for office have expressed their continued interest in helping out the corporation. We should take them up on these offers after the BoD meeting. If they can assist some of the members of the Board then we are training the next Board as we move ahead.

Doug, that's a great idea. Why don't we add this as an agenda item for the next BOD meeting? Perhaps at every meeting we can review potential opportunities for these individuals.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS