PhotoPost Up

Status
Not open for further replies.

SteveColes

New User
Steve
Ok, it is back up and running. I haven't put a link to it yet, because, I want you guys to take a look at your members Galleries and see if there are any problems with the pictures that were imported.

DL and NCPete, please check the settings for various displays and fix the ones that need it. Also, DL there was a change you made so that clicking on a person's name would bring up their album, not their profile. I can't find where that happens. Maybe becuase I have the display different. I think I changed something, that I didn't mean to and the display is different. Thanks.

Everyone feedback, please.

You can get to it here www.ncwoodworker.net/pp

D L Ames

New User
D L Ames
I'll go take a look at the admin CP settings. The change I made to get the photo gallery to come up when the name was clicked on was actually an edit within the PHP file which you said might not have been the correct way to do it.

D L

Monty

New User
Monty
Awesome! Looks great at first glance. I'll have to rearrange some albums, but it looks like my pics are all there.

FWIW, I have some hard-earned knowledge of photopost too, so if I can help with the final settings, just let me know.

chris99z71

New User
Chris
Looks good! For me it runs way faster than the old one, that's for sure!

So if I create a new album, is there a way to move my existing pictures into that album?

Last edited:

DaveO

New User
DaveO
The only issue I have found so far is that the members that have been pruned due to inactivity still have albums but with no user name. They show up at the begining of the album list (in alphabetical mode).
Other than that what I have seen so far looks great, all my pics are there and it works smoothly.
Dave:)

D L Ames

New User
D L Ames
I noticed the something Dave in regards to the pruned members. We need to figure out if we need to delete those pics or maybe move them into an archive in case the member ever returns.

I made some adjustments to the layout for the index and figure Pete can take it from here. I have not corrected the link for the user name yet like I did on the test site. I will discuss it with Steve and Monty before I make that change again.

D L

SteveColes

New User
Steve
The only issue I have found so far is that the members that have been pruned due to inactivity still have albums but with no user name. They show up at the begining of the album list (in alphabetical mode).
Other than that what I have seen so far looks great, all my pics are there and it works smoothly.
Dave give me an example please.

DaveO

New User
DaveO

One member (now pruned) with an album was that girl who was selling off the cabinet shop down south. Woodguys great tool haul, where I got my Preformax. I can't remember her name (Erin...it just dawned on me :eusa_danc). You will find the several old members that I am referring to at the begining of the aphabetical album listing.
I think that all those pics should be archived in some sort of public album because many might have links in threads to them.

D L Ames

New User
D L Ames

Steve, I changed the layout for the photo gallery index and set it to list the galleries alphabetically. There are about 10-12 albums that no longer have a user assigned to them. I don't recognize all of them but one belonged to puprhrtjarhead (sp?) back when he used to be active at the tail end of last year.

D L

Monty

New User
Monty
OK, DL... the templates you need to edit are as follows: showmgall.tmpl (for the thumbnail display) and showmlist.tmpl (for the list display, like you have it now).

Look for this:

<td colspan="2" class="{$Style['menubar']}" align="center"><span class="{$Style['small']}">{$memlink[$x]}</span>

Between the closing } bracket and the </span> tag, add this:

<br /> (<a href="{$Globals['maindir']}/showgallery.php?cat=500&amp;ppuser={$puserid[$x]}">Show {$puser[$x]}'s gallery</a>)

So the resulting line of code looks something like this:

<td colspan="2" class="{$Style['menubar']}" align="center"><span class="{$Style['small']}">{$memlink[$x]} <br /> (<a href="{$Globals['maindir']}/showgallery.php?cat=500&amp;ppuser={$puserid[$x]}">Show {$puser[$x]}'s gallery</a>)</span></td>

SteveColes

New User
Steve
Pete, you need to be learning this. This realyy should be your job
OK, DL... the templates you need to edit are as follows: showmgall.tmpl (for the thumbnail display) and showmlist.tmpl (for the list display, like you have it now).

Look for this:

Between the closing } bracket and the </span> tag, add this:

So the resulting line of code looks something like this:

D L Ames

New User
D L Ames

Look for this:

<td colspan="2" class="{$Style['menubar']}" align="center"><span class="{$Style['small']}">{$memlink[$x]}</span>

quote]

Okay, I found this string in the showmgall.tmpl and added the appropriate code behind it. However, I could not find that code string in the showmlist.tmpl

I am going to go take a look to see what changes where made to the index page by changing that one template.

D L

SteveColes

New User
Steve
Actually, the issue is a bit complex(of course). There are also pictures that have no home because of 2 migrations. I'm going to something like you suggested. But I think I have to do it directly at the database level

D L Ames

New User
D L Ames
Okay, that still didn't change the link when you click on the member's name. Clicking the members name take you to their PP user profile page and we need it to link to there album page like the thumbnail does.

D L

Monty

New User
Monty
Sorry DL, I forgot it's different in the showmlist template (you got it working in the thumbnail display mode - check it out!) :eusa_danc

Anyway.... about half way down in that template, make this line in yours look like this:

<td class="{$Style['tddetails']}" width="30%">
<span class="{$Style['medium']}">{$memlink[$x]}<br /> (<a href="{$Globals['maindir']}/showgallery.php?cat=500&amp;ppuser={$puserid[$x]}">Show {$puser[$x]}'s albums</a>)</span>

Ray Martin

New User
Ray
I don't see any additional problems... just the stuff already documented i this thread. The speed of the photo presentation is terrific.

Ray

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS