Photo Galleries - PhotoPost.

Status
Not open for further replies.

SteveColes

New User
Steve
Alright, I've fixed the problems with the import program, and figured out how to customize the program so we can bring the heirarchy over intact using memeber's Galleries as the highest level for each member.

While I can do this the result will be confusing in some cases and impossible for browsers to find the pictures at the lowest level.

PhotoPost doesn't really have sub albums as such, just some kludge to tell people they have something.

So the end result is that any subalbums that were below the first level, will be brought up to the first and it will be up to the member to re-organize.

I will post a diagram tomorrow that will explain better than I can write it. Becuase, there may be a lot of questions about it and we'll have to answer. There will be a definte difference in the way we all have to think about member's subalbums.

If we didn't have so many Member's albums already, it wouldn't be an issue. We'd just say this is how it works.:-D

More tomorrow after I do the import.

Monty, your album structure is one of those that will show a lot of differences and you be'll be forced to change to change your structure.

D L Ames

New User
D L Ames
Thanks for the update Steve. Once we get a look at the new structure I am confident we will be able to answer questions and make recommendations to the members. As you prune old members do you remove their gallery also?

D L

DaveO

New User
DaveO
Steve, if the new Photo Gallery works like Woodworking-Galleries then I don't see that there will be any complains. And that is a fairly easy system to master...I've figured it out :lol: I am looking forward to having the gallery back, and don't care if I have to do a little house keeping to set my album right.

Dave:)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS