Looking forward to shop time...

Status
Not open for further replies.

bluthart

New User
Brian
After working WAY too many hours this pay period (not complaining, I'm forunate to get hours) I get a chance to work along side Jeremy (Woodwrangler) this Friday. I am going to attempt a workbench too, and very much look forward to learning from a pro. It is still a daunting project, but at least I won't be by myself. I know I'll learn a lot and have good company. It should be a blast, and I will post pics with my progress. I am doing my bench out of a bunch of 8/4 and 10/4 Sapele I have laying around. It should be a very attractive bench at the very least.

JimmyC

New User
Jimmy
The sapele bench will look great Brian. Hard benchs and soft benches both have there good points, you are doing what I want to do and that is building with wood that you've got:icon_thum.

Good luck.

ps. Hey Jeremy, he referred to you as a pro :icon_thum.

DaveO

New User
DaveO
Well it's about time you got some time off. All that training on top of your regular hours was ridiculous.
Enjoy the shop!

Dave:)

cpowell

New User
Chuck
I get a chance to work along side Jeremy (Woodwrangler) this Friday. I am going to attempt a workbench too, and very much look forward to learning from a pro.

OK...for a minute there I thought someone used Jeremy, workbench, and Pro in one sentence...phew! :rotflm: :rotflm: :rotflm:

Building a workbench is not much different than building a (insert other project here that involves thick, long, heavy pieces of stock, installing heavy vises, etc). It's actually not too bad. Document with pics. You'll always remember the first bench.

Chuck

WoodWrangler

New User
Jeremy
Well, we BUSTED IT all day on Friday and here are some pictures to prove it. We more/less got all of the rough lumber for the tops down to size and now they are acclimating (again) to the shop to see if they bow at all.

We also had a few visitors ... PeteM and Shamrock (Mike).

Shamrock

New User
Michael
You crazy kids! It was nice to meet Brian again, and it was really fun trying to convince Jeremy to set off the Sawstop brake:gar-La;. We also had to do our part to try and convince Jeremy that he really did need to buy that 24" Aganzzi bandsaw. The benches are both gonna be really cool, can't wait to see the construction pics!

bluthart

New User
Brian
I had a great time Friday, even though my back is a little sore. It was cool seeing the power feeder in action! Jeremy's shop is awesome, and I have already learned a lot of "basics" that I have never really been shown before. The stock is looking good and I can't wait for the glue up! Part 2 coming soon!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS