If only the operator was this accurate....

Status
Not open for further replies.

junquecol

Bruce
Senior User
Notice of correction. Numbers were reversed, should have been 0.877. I have a continuing problem with reversing digits. Being as how this arbor nut was on a thirty five year old Rockwell contractor's saw, I don't think the nut was metric. Everyday, it seems I see a new device to measure the height of the blade, or router bit. Then I get out my trusty height gauge, originally featured in either ShopNotes, or Woodsmith, that uses the plastic digital calipers from HF. Unfortunately, it only measures to the 100th of an inch, or the tenth of a MM. Seldom can I cut anything that close. As for a straight edge, look at John White's "Master Bars" that are made from MDF and drywall screws. Also look at how he uses a couple scraps and dial indicator to do miter slot and fence alignment. His methods are as accurate as the hundred dollar plates. As a plus, if I lose, or drop my scraps, I haven't lost a small fortune.

Partman

Danny
Corporate Member
I am accurate all the time.:eusa_liar One time I was cutting molding, measure two times, cut one time.:eusa_doh: I was 10" short:eusa_thin went back measure two times, cut one time.:eusa_doh: I was still short by 10" :BangHead:
Was out of molding so I had to piece it together.:cool:

Danny

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS