Hello From Marion, NC

Status
Not open for further replies.

erasmussen

New User
RAS
That's cool. How does she like the US? My wife has been here since 2000. I was actually stationed on Yokota Air Force Base for the 3 years I was in Japan. I was part of the Headquarters for US Forces in Japan (USFJ), which was on Yokota. Where were you stationed? I absolutely loved Japan. My wife and I are planning a return trip this coming April and we can't wait, except for that killer long flight.

Shes been here since 1971, except for 2 tours in korea, so shes as much at home here as japan now, she was going back for 3 months every year to help take care of her mother, but her mother passed away 3 years ago.
I was stationed first in Tachikawa then SEA and then Yokota, trying to talk my wife into us taking a trip back:):):)

JimmyC

New User
Jimmy
Welcome Aboard Lance,

It's great to have you join us. This is a great group of people. that won't hesitate helping you. I hope you and your wife enjoy the cameraderie of the people on this website.

Jimmy:)

ps. This site rocks !

lcottrell

New User
Lance
Thanks to all for the very warm welcome. I have uploaded some pictures to my gallery (hopefully I did everything right). I'm not sure where I'm supposed to "announce" that I uploaded some pictures or if people just find them on their own, but anyway, there are some up there.

WNC_Dave

New User
David
Lance
Pics look good. What was wrong with the first table saw top to warrnet a replacement? I like the homemade bench. As soon as my insulation is up I am going to start on a bench and table saw extension.

Dave

lcottrell

New User
Lance
It had a ding on the right side of it on the top edge. It wasn't a huge ding, but enough that it made a bump on the top there and anything sliding across the top would get hung up. I had read about Grizzly being good about replacing items and they were.

DaveO

New User
DaveO
Thanks to all for the very warm welcome. I have uploaded some pictures to my gallery (hopefully I did everything right). I'm not sure where I'm supposed to "announce" that I uploaded some pictures or if people just find them on their own, but anyway, there are some up there.

You did well in both the upload and the "announcement", nice looking shop and bench :eusa_clap:eusa_clap

Dave:)

woodworkersparadise

New User
Jeff
Hey lance , Come by the shop ! Were on State st. uptown..We have a full running workshop and about anything you'd ever need ! Monday Wed and Sat 9 to 3 woodworkersparadise behind Austins furniture

lcottrell

New User
Lance
Hey lance , Come by the shop ! Were on State st. uptown..We have a full running workshop and about anything you'd ever need ! Monday Wed and Sat 9 to 3 woodworkersparadise behind Austins furniture
Hey Jeff,

I have actually been in once just after we moved here about a year ago. How could I resist with a name like "Woodworker's Paradise"? I picked up some wooden door handles and admired the various things you have. I'll try to get by there sometime soon and introduce myself.

Will Goodwin

New User
Will Goodwin
Welcome Lance. I just looked at your pictures and I'm jealous already and the shop isn't even done! To say I'm a novice at woodworking would be an understatement, so I am looking forward to your input here.

My wife and I are new to NC (been here a year)...we plan on visiting the Asheville area sometime in the spring...maybe we can meet you and the rest of the sawdust makers then.

Will

lcottrell

New User
Lance
Thanks Will. I'm pretty much a novice myself, but I figure if I keep putting one foot in front of the other for long enough I'll get somewhere and learn something along the way. This group seems to be very active and the people seem to be very willing to share information, so I think we can all learn a good deal. Sure, let us know when you head this way.

Rebecca Gholson

New User
Rebecca
If you're looking to meet people, come on up to Asheville Hardware & Asheville Woodworking School's First Annual Open House on April 5, from 10 am - 4 pm.

Woodworkers & future woodworkers can meet our teaching staff & our shop assistants and tour our brand new woodworking school!

And it will be a great day to get kids interested in woodworking ... they'll be making rubber band cars, carving sticks, making simple machines of wood & learning how puppets are carved.

There are bound to be lots of nice woodworkers there.

Rebecca ps Check http://www.ashevillehardware.com/ calendar for other events where there will be groups of woodworkers!

Last edited by a moderator:

LeftyTom

Tom
Corporate Member
Welcome, Lance. I am still looking for someone to ask the woodworking question that someone on here cannot answer. :thumbs_up

Trent Mason

New User
Trent Mason
Welcome Lance!

I'm also new here and new to woodworking. The LOML and I were in Asheville for an extended weekend in the fall. We camped and visited several waterfalls in your area on our little vacation. It is very beautiful there. The people seemed very nice too. You all also have a phenomenal beer selection in the grocery store. :icon_thum:icon_thum:icon_thum

Very glad to meet you and I look forward to your input and seeing some of your work.

Trent

PurpleThumb

New User
Jerry
Lance
Welcome to the ncwoodworker.net forum. I am also pretty new to the forum and woodworking. I am also around Asheville and don't know a lot of people. PM me sometime and we can get beer and talk WWing.

The local woodworker clubs website is http://www.wncwa.org/
Rob is a member and can get you more info but he is out of town this weekend. He will probably pipe in when he gets back.

Again Welcome

Dave

Welcome, I'm sure Rob will contact you but we meet in the Folk Arts Center directly behind the VA where you work.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS