Has anyone taken advantage of the Klingspor's Spring Cleaning Sale?

Status
Not open for further replies.

MikeL

Michael
Corporate Member
I received the flyer in the mail but have yet to stop by Klingspor's Woodworking Shop. I figured some of our members must have visited the store. Are there some good deals to be had? Surely there are gloats in hiding!?!

Gotcha6

Dennis
Staff member
Corporate Member
A couple of us went to the one in CLT a few weeks ago. It was mostly slow moving and odd inventory that wasn't 'mainstream WWing' tools IMO. There may have been some gems there, and they did have some larger lathes & such, but I didn't see much that wanted to follow me home.

WoodWrangler

New User
Jeremy
There were SOME deals in the mixed shelves of random clearance/closeout stuff. I did walk away with a decent (not unheardof) price on a Incra miter slider for the tablesaw and a few other things ... but IMHO a lot of the stuff was just not marked low enough to actually move it. Lots of just random stuff that to the right buyer might be a gem in hiding ... but to me, mainly unneeded stuff still marked too high for a "what the heck" buy.

With that said ... Klingspor in general has improved what they carry from where it was about 2 years ago, or so, and you can get pretty much anything you need there. But good luck finding it in stock. They keep a very low inventory and more times than not what you need will have to be ordered, or brought in from another store. So go with patience!

The best deal I probably saw was a Veritas tenon cutter for half price ($13), and some of their lower end sandpaper for $5 for 50 sheets (good for general use). They also have bundles of 5" circular sandpaper for $5 too, I believe.

And remember ... in Charlotte they close early on Saturday and are closed on Sundays now.

MikeL

Michael
Corporate Member
I called the store last week and learned that there are only select items from Veritas and Lie-Nielsen that they can order. I had hoped to purchase a dovetail saw through Klingspor's and use the discount. I was directed to Fine Tool Journal for LN products and Lee Valley for Veritas orders.

WoodWrangler

New User
Jeremy
Coleman is right ... I wasn't too clear. HOWEVER most of the closeout stuff is still in Charlotte store so you can take advantage of it too!

A couple of other noteworthy items that I saw ...

Nova lathe chuck jaws ... all types for about 50% off (almost tempting enough for me to buy the chuck!) **Note: They do not have any of the chucks remaining .... only the jaws**

Jet Mortiser, Free Standing for about $600 (right?). Save a few hundred bucks on one of those. They had three when I was there.

Jessem Router Slide fence systems. Price ... dunno, but it was decent and I'd be checking it out if I didn't already have a router fence setup from Incra)

And I tried to talk Colemen into a NCWW special for Festool Kapex for $500 ... but he didn't bite. :rotflm:

All in all ... Klingspor's has some great sales going on if you can afford to dump a few dollars. The 20% is a sweet deal ... get there if you can. Not only do they support NCWW, but they also support many of the local shows and events we all attend. :icon_thum

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS