First US Kapex siting?

Status
Not open for further replies.

NCPete

New User
Pete Davio
watching TOH this morning and Tommy had to cut some miters for a bit of fancy wainscoating going up in the project house - pretty sure I saw Festool on the side of his compound sliding miter saw.

on a sad note, at the end of the episode Kevin O'Connor announced that Joe Ferrante - long time tile contractor - passed away suddenly at 56. I always liked the guy, and he always seemed to have a smile on his face, like he really had fun at work.

Travis Porter

Travis
Corporate Member
I thought that was a RIgid saw he was using. He does use a lot of Festool though.

It was a sad note on Joe Ferrante. I agree, always seemed to enjoy what he was doing and had a smile on his face. Kevin even seemed to get choked up talking about it.

TV

New User
Todd Vaughn
I was watching with my better half and mentioned that I thought he was using a Festool.

tv

NCPete

New User
Pete Davio
I thought that was a RIgid saw he was using. He does use a lot of Festool though.

yeah, the orange feet caused me to think that, too at first, but there was clearly Festool embossed on the side of the blade cover. maybe it's time to go take a look at the official pics? ----- okay, clearly that was not the same tool as on the UK Kapex website:eusa_thin:eusa_thin:eusa_thin

Alan in Little Washington

Alan Schaffter
Corporate Member
Bob Marino, Festool dealer, who frequents some of the other WW forums says the Kapex should hit the US market late Spring-Summer. It is still looking like it will run between $1000-$1200 but who knows with the beating the $ has been taking. That is pretty pricey!8-O

Travis Porter

Travis
Corporate Member
Where is the pic? I don't know bout any pics!!!! :lol:

Are there pics? :spinny:

All I can say is I remember a miter saw, I remember orange feet (like you do), I remember seeing Festool, but I thought it was a router or something sitting beside the saw, but who knows, unless...... Where is a pic!???!!!?!?!?!:wrolleyes:

Alan Schaffter
Corporate Member
Where is the pic? I don't know bout any pics!!!! :lol:

Are there pics? :spinny:

All I can say is I remember a miter saw, I remember orange feet (like you do), I remember seeing Festool, but I thought it was a router or something sitting beside the saw, but who knows, unless...... Where is a pic!???!!!?!?!?!:wrolleyes:

Kapex.JPG

Alan Schaffter
Corporate Member
Yup, that was a Festool Kapex Tom Silva was using on TOH! If you didn't see Festool on the side of the blade housing, you can tell it, by the rails on each side of the motor/blade- the saw head travels on the rails not the rails on the saw like other SCMS. My wife even noticed the Festool plunge/circular saw.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS