Don't belong in public view

Status
Not open for further replies.

TracyP

Administrator , Forum Moderator
Tracy
The Cell Phone thread got ugly between Steve and Dragon. It does not belong in public view. I put it in moderation. It should stay there and really should be deleted.

ptt49er

Phillip
Corporate Member
I also PM'ed Steve....what is going on with him? That's the second post of that sort (the other was the sawstop thread).

Gotcha6

Dennis
Staff member
Corporate Member
I'm viewing OT Posts. On the first page I see:

A post about a guy with no legs & 1 arm that fishes professionally.

Electron microscope pics of bugs link.

A magic trick on YouTube.

What place do ANY of these have here? But they are allowed. David's post is IMO no more irrelevant to this site than these. The question is, where do we go from here on this thread?

Last edited:

Douglas Robinson

Doug Robinson
Corporate Member
I found the thread. I am not sure what to do about the OT forum.

There seems to be two ways people view it:

1. A place to post WW'ing related stuff that does not seem to fit elsewhere, get-together stuff, condolences, etc.

2. A place to post any idiotic stuff they found on the Interweb!

Bas

Recovering tool addict
Bas
Corporate Member
The Cell Phone thread got ugly between Steve and Dragon. It does not belong in public view. I put it in moderation. It should stay there and really should be deleted.
Agreed. When we get into personal attacks, and it was off topic to begin with, delete. Don't even bother with putting it in moderation first. But Steve's comment was out of line. While Dragon likes to fish for trouble, Steve should not have made a personal attack like that. The rules apply to everyone.

(BTW - if you put a thread in moderation, make sure you eventually restore or delete it - we have a bunch in the moderation queue!)

Bas

Recovering tool addict
Bas
Corporate Member
I found the thread. I am not sure what to do about the OT forum.

There seems to be two ways people view it:

1. A place to post WW'ing related stuff that does not seem to fit elsewhere, get-together stuff, condolences, etc.

2. A place to post any idiotic stuff they found on the Interweb!

The problem is that although there is a lot of noise, occasionally the OT forum gives us some really valuable posts. If we didn't have it, the weird stuff would drift into other forums, spreading the contamination. I'd rather have one place where we have to wring some necks than six.

Glennbear

Glenn
The problem is that although there is a lot of noise, occasionally the OT forum gives us some really valuable posts. If we didn't have it, the weird stuff would drift into other forums, spreading the contamination. I'd rather have one place where we have to wring some necks than six.

I totally agree with and support your view on this Bas. :wsmile:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS