BORK - First Impressions

Status
Not open for further replies.

kooshball

David
Corporate Member
A few of you have expressed interest in the BORK based on an exploratory thread that I started a few weeks back; so here is my quick, initial review:

I finally got the BORK intalled over the weekend and am mostly pleased with the resulting setup. It was extremely simple to install but a giant pain in the rear to get adjusted properly (read: install in 10-minutes, tinker for the next hour).

I have since begun construction on my extension table and out-feed table and in the process ripped some dimensional 2x SYP in half for the project with the BORK attached. I can say that it does exactly what it is designed to do as the kerf tried to close on some of the rips but was held safely open by the BORK. The only issue is that it bound up on the BORK necessitating the saw to be shut off and a wedge placed on the back of the board to hold the kerf open so that the rip could continue. I assume that a stronger riving knife could have stood up to the board "powering" through such a situation but in all honesty, this binding resulted in a safe process modification.

So far I am pleased (aside from the setup time) with the setup as it functions well with my Gripper and stays in place for cross-cuts.

kooshball

David
Corporate Member
G1023Z. I will try to take some pics later but they are exactly as shown on the site that Manfre posted the link to.

zapdafish

New User
Steve
I keep forgetting to bring my saw model with me to work where I do most of my browsing to see if it will fit, guess I'll have to check on it from home tonight, :wsmile:.

CLetts

New User
Carl
... The only issue is that it bound up on the BORK necessitating the saw to be shut off and a wedge placed on the back of the board to hold the kerf open so that the rip could continue. ...

Maybe some wax on it would help? Or file the back edge (like you'd do with a bandsaw blade)...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS