Attention All Ncww Turners, Help Requested

Status
Not open for further replies.

taandctran

New User
Thanh Tran
It would be nice if we could make this a on going thing. Maybe touch someone in every county of the state. maybe every Nursing home. Eventuly maybe every room in the Nursing home. Just to show that we (NCWW.net) care.

TracyP

Administrator , Forum Moderator
Tracy
It would be nice if we could make this a on going thing. Maybe touch someone in every county of the state. maybe every Nursing home. Eventuly maybe every room in the Nursing home. Just to show that we (NCWW.net) care.

My deepest thoughts exactly:notworthy::notworthy::notworthy::notworthy:

SteveColes

New User
Steve
Tracy, could you give me height & width , approx.? Also hole width and depth.

You mention that you had been rubbing it down. Are going for a gloss finish.

TracyP

Tracy
Tracy, could you give me height & width , approx.? Also hole width and depth.

You mention that you had been rubbing it down. Are going for a gloss finish.

The one I made was about six inches tall or so. Finished it was about two and half inches round and the hole was 1/2 inch by two thirds of the depth. I did mine in a satin lacquer finish. I think the person should use their favorite finish.

DavidF

New User
David
Not knowing what a weed pot is I need a picture with rough dims Tracy or a CAD drawing:rotflm:

TracyP

Tracy
I think the nice thing about a weed pot is that it can be whatever you design. Vase style or very thin neck as pictured in the last post. I will not be picky. If you make it, the elderly folks will appreciate it!!

Rod

New User
Rod
I can help with this effort. I have so much turning stock that it's bending the walls out of my shop. I would love a couple more pics...maybe the bottom and of the top.

I need to fix the lathe fixed this week so I can get turning again. I had turned a walnut bowl and then a birdseye maple bowl last week. When I finished, the legs of my stand just up and decided to fold over and break on me. It was like my horse had decided to lie down.

Anyway Tracy...need to have a talk about cedar at some point. I don't know if anyone around wants any, but I have it and need the drying space for some large slabs.

Mike Davis...want to get together here soon. I have some ideas about something we spoke about last summer...also in need of some direction on a project coming up. Finally I want those locusts if you aren't going to do anything with them. Surely we could work out a trade. I have a lot of wood right now. I am taking a week...in 2 weeks and am planning on being up that way for most of it.

Anyway, I'm in Tracy...just need to get the lathe fixed. If I can help by sending smaller blanks to anyone, please let me know. I can have them shipped within a day.
Rod

TracyP

Tracy
I can help with this effort. I have so much turning stock that it's bending the walls out of my shop. I would love a couple more pics...maybe the bottom and of the top.

I need to fix the lathe fixed this week so I can get turning again. I had turned a walnut bowl and then a birdseye maple bowl last week. When I finished, the legs of my stand just up and decided to fold over and break on me. It was like my horse had decided to lie down.

Anyway Tracy...need to have a talk about cedar at some point. I don't know if anyone around wants any, but I have it and need the drying space for some large slabs.

Mike Davis...want to get together here soon. I have some ideas about something we spoke about last summer...also in need of some direction on a project coming up. Finally I want those locusts if you aren't going to do anything with them. Surely we could work out a trade. I have a lot of wood right now. I am taking a week...in 2 weeks and am planning on being up that way for most of it.

Anyway, I'm in Tracy...just need to get the lathe fixed. If I can help by sending smaller blanks to anyone, please let me know. I can have them shipped within a day.
Rod

I would like some cedar, and I am sorry I haven't gotten back to you sooner. I would also like some turning blanks. My address is !@#$@, oops I will put that in a PM:gar-Bi.

TracyP

Tracy
Picked up four on my trip to Youngsville, one from Woodartz and three from FredP. I picked eleven up from Steve Martin today in Salisbury. I am thinking this will be a huge success. My son and I made two this past weekend. I will post some photos soon. Please keep them coming. My mother in law is having so much fun filling them with flowers and she will have much more fun delivering them. Thanks to all who have made them so far!! And thanks to all that will make them in the future.:notworthy::notworthy:

The best part is no two look the same. This is a wonderful hobby.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS