Worksharp 3000 or Grizzly t10010anv

Status
Not open for further replies.

cripto101

New User
Jim
I am looking at buying one of these two sharpeners. I am leaning toward to Worksharp however. I will be building a rather sizable flipping workbench and I do not want to have to deal with the water drippings from the wet grinder. I also have a makita wet grinder that i am making some mods to as well. I know the makita once i build the Straight line reference will work well but the amount of modifications i need to do could make it more worth wild to just get one of these two other tools. I would have to build most of the setup stuff as well myself. This could get to be very complicated. I know with the Grizzly the stone is so so and i would need to get to turning tool honing strop truing tools and some other things as well. They both will use the same tools such as the tormek odds and ends but i will not need to pick up some things if i go with the worksharp as it has a built in bevel grinding location. I want to mount the WS next to the lathe as i intend to buy some harbor frieght turning tools to learn both turning and sharpening with them so there will be lots of time spent on the grinder. I know i need to replace a few things on the grizzly and buy a few more other things but the WS will not be wet but will have sandpaper i will have to replace as i use it. I am not sure if the problem with it being wet is enough to rule out the wet grinder or what. I could use some advise.

JimD

Jim
Senior User
I have the worksharp 3000. I got it when somebody, might have been HomeDepot, advertised a really low price a couple years ago and then honored it, briefly. So I got it for less than $100. I later got the knife sharpening add on. It works well. I haven't used it a whole lot but I haven't replaced the paper. I bought extra and an extra glass platen and finer grit paper. I now think I should have stayed with the basic stuff that comes with the worksharp. The knife attachment is useful but I don't think you need finer sandpaper so I don't need the extra platen. The worksharp has special sandpaper so you can see the edge of turning tools while using the bottom side of the rotating disk to sharpen. I also have a wet wheel but the worksharp works quicker and is less messy.

Tarhead

Mark
Corporate Member
Another option is the Tormek adapter that lets you use their/Jet/Grizzly/HF sharpening jigs on a regular grinder.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS