Work Sharp 2000 or 3000 - accessory interchangeability?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Henry W

Henry
Corporate Member
I have purchased a new to me Work Sharp 2000 - the older version. I see WS 3000 accessories (the slotted plate, and the glass plate) as listed as WS 3000 only. But the abrasives are cross listed, so the platen sizes must be very close (nominally 6")

Has anyone tried these on the WS 2000? Do they simply not fit or is the mounting system different? I don't have both side by side so I can't determine what the differences between them are.

Thanks

peteb301

Pete
Corporate Member
Here' a reference for you on the differences https://www.sharpeningsupplies.com/WorkSharp-WS2000-WS3000-Comparison-W29.aspx
First off they are two different speeds, sizes, materials , etc. the attachments for the 3000 will not work for the 2000.
They are two very different machines. Depending on the use you intended it for , and you haven't used it too much , I'd recommend returning the 2000 and purchasing the 30000 .
the 3000 has more accessories and is a much more versatile system for sharpening chisels, plane blades and turning tools.

Henry W

Henry
Corporate Member
This was a used machine, purchased on the cheap from CL. So returning it is not possible.

I tried this machine by sharpening an older 'multi-purpose' chisel; in less time than the 60 seconds it took to locate the machine and plug it in, the chisel was sharpened (a light touchup, not a full regrind).

Do you know what the disc differences are? I looked at the 3000 at Klingspor's on the weekend, and without having them side by side I could not detect a difference. Is it the hole size perhaps?

Henry W

Henry
Corporate Member
Yes, thanks Pete. That is a very helpful link.

Since there don't seem to be any physical differences in the wheel/disk size, I guess the speed difference has to be the reason some wheels are listed WS 3000 only (i.e. the leather strop disk).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS