Woodsmith Plans

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ray Martin

New User
Ray
I was wandering aimlessly about the internet and ended up on the Woodsmith Store website (Woodsmith / Shop Notes / Workbench). I noticed one of the buttons in the navigation pane of the webpage had the name "Clearance". I mashed that button right away and found a half dozen plans for $2.50 each. IMHO, Woodsmith does a good job with "plans". They include large sixe shop drawings, instructions, and a shopping list. They even have a help line if you run into trouble building from one of their plans. I placed the order on Thursday. Saturday morning, guess what was in the mail. And for this price, you can buy two and throw one away. Here's what I ended up with for $14 and change...

Ray

Attachments

• Plans.jpg
    Plans.jpg
    279.2 KB · Views: 285

DaveO

New User
DaveO
Those look like some nice projects. I like the design of the gaden bench, it looks like it has a little Asain influence to it with the curved seat and reverse tapered legs. Which one are going to make first?????
Dave:)

Ray Martin

New User
Ray
DaveO... they say great minds think alike... When I opened the box of plans, Nancy looked at the covers and said how nice the garden bench looked. She also said she'd like to see it natural rather than painted. She's become a real fan of natural after seeing what danish oil did to some walnut and cherry for the mantel clock I'm making for her. So now the question is, 'Which wood?'

Ray

D L Ames

New User
D L Ames
I was also going to suggest cypress, but seeing how Dave already suggested that I will have to say teak.:-D

D L

DaveO

New User
DaveO
D L Ames said:
I was also going to suggest cypress, but seeing how Dave already suggested that I will have to say teak.:-D

D L

Way to run up the budget :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Ray Martin

New User
Ray
I was thinking cypress is a terrific suggestion. Last time I looked, the price for it was about the same at Capital City and 84 Lumber. Anybody know a good / low cost source?

Ray

DaveO

New User
DaveO
You might check with Klingspor out on Crapital Bvd. They have a good wood selection and decent prices. I don't know if they have any Cypress though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS