Wood Rat User?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nativespec

New User
David
Does anyone out there own a WoodRat (or have a friend with one) and if so, would you recomend it?

Thanks,

David

Joe Scharle

New User
Joe
I've had one for almost a year and really like it. I'm not an expert with it yet, just learn what I need when I need it. You're welcome to come over and play with it.
Joe

Nativespec

New User
David
Thanks Joe:

I was wondering if it could replace a mortiser, or are you limited by the plunge depth on your router? Also, is there a particular plunge router that is recommended?

Thanks,

David

NCPete

New User
Pete Davio
IIRC, the DeWalt DW621 is what is shown in most of the demonstration videos, at least that's what it was a while back.

Joe Scharle

New User
Joe
Thanks Joe:

I was wondering if it could replace a mortiser, or are you limited by the plunge depth on your router? Also, is there a particular plunge router that is recommended?

Thanks,

David

The design limit is the router plunge but that's been plenty for me, but some users have made jigs for greater range. The off-the-shelf accessories and the movable plate are pre-drilled for a DW625. That's what I have and it's also one of the "routerman's" (Pat Warner) favorite routers. However it has NO dust collection built-in.
As for mortising: I had one, gave it away; too cranky.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS