Wixey digital fence readout gauge

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tar Heel

New User
Stuart
I exchanged emails with Barry earlier today. He said we are right on with the troubleshooting recommendations. He suggested one other thing to check- At the 6" setting, is the readout straddling a joint between two sections of sensor strip? If joint is too wide, every measurement beyond that joint (farther from the blade) will be out by the same amount.

Also, he said the following calibration technique which requires a digital caliper, overcomes blade and fence problems and is being used successfully by a number of people (quote):

I just went out to the shop and tried the method Barry mentioned. BINGO!! It seems my problem is solved. I am a bit hesitant to say that it is definitely solved until I have an opportunity to spend more time in the shop making a few more test cuts. My frustration level is not quite as high now. Thanks to Alan, David, Barry, and all the rest of you who made suggestions. :eek:ccasion1

Alan in Little Washington

Alan Schaffter
Corporate Member
I exchanged emails with Barry earlier today. He said we are right on with the troubleshooting recommendations. He suggested one other thing to check- At the 6" setting, is the readout straddling a joint between two sections of sensor strip? If joint is too wide, every measurement beyond that joint (farther from the blade) will be out by the same amount.

Also, he said the following calibration technique which requires a digital caliper, overcomes blade and fence problems and is being used successfully by a number of people (quote):

I just went out to the shop and tried the method Barry mentioned. BINGO!! It seems my problem is solved. I am a bit hesitant to say that it is definitely solved until I have an opportunity to spend more time in the shop making a few more test cuts. My frustration level is not quite as high now. Thanks to Alan, David, Barry, and all the rest of you who made suggestions. :eek:ccasion1

Good to hear and I hope the problem is in fact solved or at least remedied. Someday when you have absolutely nothing to do, you will need to figure out what was going on.

If you get back out this way give me a call and stop in for a tour and a chat.

Tar Heel

New User
Stuart
Alan, I don't see how Barry's suggested method of calibration can not work. It's too logical not to work. I still would probably be fussin' and cussin' if it weren't for the relationship you have with Barry. I'll be sure to call you next week when I'm there.

Alan in Little Washington

Alan Schaffter
Corporate Member
Alan, I don't see how Barry's suggested method of calibration can not work. It's too logical not to work. I still would probably be fussin' and cussin' if it weren't for the relationship you have with Barry. I'll be sure to call you next week when I'm there.

Stop by any time. Barry's suggestion was good, the only reason I said you may still have a problem, is because his unit was designed to be easily calibrated using the "fence kissing the blade" method and no other devices (like a digital caliper) which can itself introduce errors if not used carefully.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS