Why Didn't I Think Of That?

junquecol

Bruce
Senior User
Recently watched a video on different uses of zip ties. Poster showed a better way to open bag of zip ties. We all have just clipped off one corner and shook what we needed, however when we move bag, they all fall out. Jack straws using zip ties. Poster showed cutting a small triangle out of side of bag near middle on long side, This way he could reach in and remove just a single zip tie, instead of a bunch falling out the cut corner of bag. Why didn't I think of that?

Roger45

Roger
Corporate Member
Well I guess it’s because us old guys don’t learn very fast. Thanks for the hint makes complete sens.

Oka

Casey
Corporate Member
Fun Fact - When I was in China, they used big zip ties (like 2" wide) to lash together scaffolding.......... made of bamboo

tvrgeek

Scott
Corporate Member
Yeah, but we sure used a bunch of rubber bands, bailing wire, and a variety of other methods that the zip ties take over now - LOL.
But bailing wire does not melt when you tie up your exhaust. So, what is progress?

Oka

Casey
Corporate Member
Or brazing rod ......... the best to break in to the car when you lock your keys in it.

junquecol

Bruce
Senior User
Or brazing rod ......... the best to break in to the car when you lock your keys in it.
Or a plastic wedge, an air wedge, and a car antenna with tip bend to a ninety degrees. Wedge door open, reach in with antenna and hit the buttons. Less than 30 seconds on most lock outs.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors