Which Quick Connect Air Coupler

Status
Not open for further replies.

KC7CN

New User
Don
I need some new Quick Connect Couplers for my air tools, question is what to buy. I have a small collection of several different styles, but not enough to do the job. I know Harbor Freight has tons of them! Are they any good? Any recommendations on how to choose and where to purchase will be appreciated.

-Don

NCPete

New User
Pete Davio
I usually get the best ones I can find at one of the large retail outlets, they have the rubber gaskets in the connectors so that the hose doesn't just pop out at you when you open the connection... a nice feature

John Reeves

John Reeves
Corporate Member
The female ones with the rubber gaskets seal bunch better and as Peter said, they prevent the mail side from shooting out when you disconnect. I also purchased an in line water separator that is necessary for spraying and a manifold allowing three hoses to be attached at once. I put couplings on all as well as a separate regulator so the HVLP has dry air at the correct pressure. The separate line I use for the air nozzle for cleaning up the HVLP and other misc. use around the shop.

junquecol

Bruce
Senior User
The five piece brass set from HF can't be beat, especially when it is on sale for $1.99. It includes a female coupler and four male barbs. Matchs up perfectly with the ones I buy from Grainger, for a LOT MORE money. Only problem I ever had was some of the barbs with female threads, didn't have any threads in them. No big deal, just returned them next time I was in store.

KC7CN

New User
Don
Thanks for all the replies everyone. Especially on the HF set; I like HF prices too! I'm still puzzled on one point! I have a miscellaneous collection of quick connect couplers with the mating male connector, and they are all different; not interchangeable! Is there a preferred standard connector for the woodworking community? Perhaps HF only has one style!

-Don

gator

George
Corporate Member
Thanks for all the replies everyone. I'm still puzzled on one point! I have a miscellaneous collection of quick connect couplers with the mating male connector, and they are all different; not interchangeable! Is there a preferred standard connector for the woodworking community? Perhaps HF only has one style!

-Don

Yes there are diffferent styles and they are not interchangable. I couldn't tell you which I have, I always take a male connecter from home when I go to buy new ones. I will say that all I have bought from HF have fit the brad nailers and staplers and accessories that I have at home.

http://centralstateshose.com/dixonair.php?PHPSESSID=81dbc72204ee41e63f6982cfeef7c195

George

gator

George
Corporate Member
I was just out in the shop and checked mine. It looks like mine are the 'Industrial' series. As I said above, they fit all the air tools and accessories I have.

George

Partman

Danny
Corporate Member
I get mine at NAPA auto parts. In the shop at the dealership they use "type D" i use "type B" in my shop.

DANNY

jmauldin

New User
Jim
Yes, there are differences in the connectors, and they are not always interchangeable. Therefore, I buy all mine from the same source, a local machine/plumbing store. That way I don't have to carry one with me to be sure it will fit all my tools. With a large compressor I use pneumatic tools a lot - drills, sanders, brad guns, as well as spray equipment. I do have some cordless tools that I use, but just about the time I am half-way through a project the battery goes dead and I have to stop and change it (I'm lazy). Anyway, if nothing else, get the best you can afford and make sure they are interchangeable.
Jim in Mayberry

KC7CN

New User
Don
I finally got around to opening the box of my new HF 15ga nail gun. I noticed they provided a male connector. Shop time has suffered with all the good weather; yard work:-(. I'll see if I can identify what HF thinks is a standard.

As always, I appreciate all the replies.

-Don

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS