Where to buy 6" S&D PVC pipe

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bas

Recovering tool addict
Bas
Corporate Member
I'm looking for a local supplier of 6" Sewer and Drainage PVC pipe. I don't need much, maybe 40 feet or so. I also need fittings, mainly wyes and 45 elbows.

Those wyes are expensive! The cheapest online source I've found so far is at Polsteins' -> http://www.homeandbeyond.com/prod-0077239.html
It's $12, plus shipping (which is pretty reasonable). Anywhere I can do better?
I called a couple of local places and they either don't sell them, or charge something outrageous like $40.

(Yes, this is for a dust collection system....I'm tired of dragging the DC around)

Bas.

vbgregg

New User
Gregg
I bought some 6" S&D PVC pipe at Ferguson's plumbing supply in Raleigh about a year ago. They only had 4 of the 10' pieces and I bought 3 of them. It took them a while to find them, but they finally did. I forget the price, but it wasn't too bad (maybe about $10 to $15 each). It didn't sound like they were expecting to get more, but it might be worth calling and asking.

Gregg

vbgregg

New User
Gregg
In fact, Tom was the one who suggested I buy the pipe from Ferguson's. As for the fittings, I have a mix of 4" and 6", and I bought some them at Lowes and some at McMaster-Carr. In a few cases, the fittings were actually cheaper at Lowes, and then I could return any that I did not use.

Gregg

Bernhard

Bernhard
User
I bought a couple of sticks at the Lowes on Hwy70 in Raleigh for 10.99/10' section and a couple of wyes for 9.99. Both were on sale.
6" SD is hit amd miss at most suplliers, best to call first.

Cheers,
Bernhard

Alan in Little Washington

Alan Schaffter
Corporate Member
Same experiences- prices can vary from big box outlet to outlet. They run around $12 - $18 depending on the fitting. I picked up a pair of 6" X 6" X 6" wyes at Lowes on clearance for about $2 ea. (they normally go for about $18 (?).

For pipe, look for ASTM 2729 which has slightly thinner walls than ASTM 3035- both are classified as S&D. Same goes for the fittings- ASTM 3034, 3035, and 2729 are all compatible. One size fitting looks like it is made out of cheap plastic, not pvc- but who cares- if it is cheaper. Besides, it doesn't need to be strong.

Now, except for maybe Fergusons, does anyone have, or has anyone seen any REALLY BIG (14" - 18" ) S&D? I need a length to stow sails and stuff on my Hobie Cat trailer.

Bas

Recovering tool addict
Bas
Corporate Member
Many thanks to everyone for their suggestions. I'll keep an eye out on the fittings at Lowe's, $2 is just obscene. Besides, good reason to visit all the Lowes stores in the area!

Alan - the Really Big Pipe, does it have to be smooth or is corrugated OK? I came across an NC company last month that sold really big pipe, up to 24" I believe. I'll see if I can dig up the URL.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS