Where and when

Bigdog72

New User
Geoff
It’s been about 10 years since my last picnic. Can you please tell me (and others I am sure) where exactly the picnic is, the start time and maybe some idea on a schedule of events? I would be very appreciative!

Dee2

Board of Directors, Vice President
Gene
Staff member
Corporate Member
From the 2022 Picnic Forum:

A reminder to all members
The annual picnic will be held on May 14 at Jordan Lake State Park
This is free to all members and their guest
NCWW will provide the main dishes - catered from Danny's
Our members typically bring some sides and desserts - must not forget the desserts
Plus all in attendance will be in the drawing for door prizes - almost everybody wins
Plus we will hold the annual raffle drawing - tickets will be on sale at the picnic, bring cash
Additionally we will present this years Golden Mallet award
Perfect weather has already been requested

Charlie

Charlie
Corporate Member
Several people have had problems finding the area over the years. I do not know the official address, but the picnic is at the Seaforth Recreation Area, Seaforth Beach Rd, Jordan Lake, Pittsboro.
The area is on a peninsula between two bridges.
Whether you are traveling east or west on Hwy 64, when you cross the first bridge look for Seaforth sign and turn South. You will go through a toll booth and they can tell you where NCWW picnic is at. Or continue driving and you will see the shelter.

Charlie

Charlie
Corporate Member
Dee2 posted this April 25th, 2022

Members/friends will start congregating at the shelter around 10 AM to set up. There will be some swapping, tool & material trading, and fellowship. We will plan to eat around 12 noon, have a short members meeting, present a few awards, give out a few door prizes (you have to be present for those), and then the raffle drawing (you'll miss some excitement if you aren't present, but you are still in the drawing). It will be a great time and you just might hear stories about the tree that got away.

Dee2

Board of Directors, Vice President
Gene
Staff member
Corporate Member
Thanks Charlie. I had that queued up and forgot to post.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS