What To Do With Left-Over Deck....

Status
Not open for further replies.

LeftyTom

Tom
Corporate Member
I re-did my 10'x16' deck with composite. So now I have this mound of 5/4"x6", 2"x6", and a few 2"x4" to evolve into something useful. I will go digging thru my magazine collection for ideas.

Then there is the matter of what to do with 71 square ballusters, 41" long.....

I am off to a good start: I removed all nails, sorted the lumber, and covered the piles.

Ray Martin

New User
Ray
Tom,

You probably already tohought of this, but I'll say it anyway.... Did you go over the reclaimed wood with a metal detector?

Ray

Littlejon

New User
Jon
Adirondack chairs for the new deck i sone option. Or you could build some planters. If nothing else, cut the boards into pieces to make bird houses and find a local Cub Scout Pack and donate it to them for projects. We have all kinds of projects for our kids to work on and pre-cut bird houses are a good way to get them interested in woodworking.

Of course, you could make a picnic table with the leftovers as well. Outdoor table and chairs for the new deck, sandbox for kids or even a dog house. Lots of options, depending on the shape it's in.

Ken Weaver

New User
Ken Weaver
I did an Adirondack Chair and Ottoman for the LOML's garden spot with material left over from our deck. Also did a series of planters for her herb garden and our mailbox area.

J

jeff...

I don't know if I would recommend CCA ([FONT=Trebuchet MS, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Copper Chrome Arsenate) pressure [/FONT]treated lumber for anytype of vegatable or herb garden. We had some raised vegatable plant beds made of 6x6 CCA, when we moved in. I ripped them out shortly afterwards. Call me parnoide if you like, but I figure why take a chance? You can google "CCA teated lumber" and get lots of information about it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS