what is the best table saw for the money?

Status
Not open for further replies.

taandctran

New User
Thanh Tran
I am wanting a new table. I dont need the biggest but I want the best. I usually dont saw really big things. But I would like to have the capability to saw medium sized things. (around 24 - 36 inches) but only occasionaly. Also I dont want to spend a fortune. Somewherebetween 500 and 1000 would be the range I am looking for. Any ideas would be helpful. Thanks

M

McRabbet

With the budget and size goals you've outlined, I'd suggest the new Grizzly 2HP Hybrid Cabinet Saw ($818.25 delivered), shown here:
g0478.jpg

I have a Grizzly 10" Cabinet Saw (the full extension table G1023SLX and really love it, but it is more than $600 more expensive). It is accurate, reliable and cuts smoothly. The new hybrid saw is a very good basic saw that will serve you well. Don't forget to buy a good blade, too -- the Forrest Woodworker II is excellent at about $100-110.

Rob

junquecol

Bruce
Senior User
The Sears zip code saw (model 22124) can often be had for about $800. It comes with a Biesmeyer 30" fence system. Cast iron top with two 12" extension wings, cabinet mounted trunions. Orion makes these saws. Go to woodnet.net and do a search for threads on this saw. Be sure and read how to do a search on their site.

cpowell

New User
Chuck
Used Unisaw (or PM, Jet, General) cab saw represents great value for money. Build your shop around the TS. An extension wing serves as a great area for staging stock for repetitive cuts. An outfeed table also serves as an assembly table.

Chuck

michaelgarner

New User
Michael
another vote for the Ridgid, cutting copacity with mobile base, it was a no brainer for me. When I can build a dedicated shop in the future I will get a cabinet saw. But it does everything I need it to right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS