Status
Not open for further replies.
M

McRabbet

I ain't sniffin no dust!
100_2934.JPG

cskipper

Cathy
We fill in low spots and holes in the yard, spread it for disposal of left over paint, and donate it to the neighbors for composting. We haven't cut any pressure treated in ages, but would cut outside and let the dust go where it wanted to go. Also, if there's no walnut in the dust we'll give it to folks to be put down for their assorted animals.

We will have to consider Mark's "business" - Jeff, we'll sell it to you for less......:lol:

WoodWrangler

Jeremy
Senior User
Mine lands in the natural area behind my house in a couple heaps.

Maybe a stupid question ... but what's the concern with the Walnut? Does it kill the plants?

Trog777

New User
Trog
Maybe a stupid question ... but what's the concern with the Walnut? Does it kill the plants?
I rmember hearing it was bad for horses when I was a little feller. Seems like I was told they could even absorb the toxins through their hoves. True or not I have no idea. Never heard anything about it as far as plants go.

KC7CN

New User
Don
What do you do with the dust from the dust collector? I have been putting it in the Waste managment trash can. when they pick it up it looks like a bomb has gone off. But any suggestions on what to do with it ?

I put it in the back of my pickup and drive around town until it's all gone. :eusa_naug

J

jeff...

Well ok so it was a guy who looked like him, brother maybe? Can't tell there is a mysterious dark shadow on him.

FIVEBYFIVE

New User
MICHAEL
I dont have a dust collector, but I saw on How Its Made that the saw dust from hard wood flooring companies is sold, then using pressure the dust is formed into a log. They add some wax and a lot of pressure. Then they sell theirs for fireplace logs. Since their source is floorin comp. the dust is completely cured.

The dust from the floor ends up in the wood stove, or spread over an oil spill.

Touchwood

New User
Don
What do you do with the dust from the dust collector? I have been putting it in the Waste managment trash can. when they pick it up it looks like a bomb has gone off. But any suggestions on what to do with it ?

I live in the woods so there are about 10 BIG bags behind the shop where no one but me can see them. Some times I spread it up a pathway in back,...keeps down weeds (particularly walnut dust), and stops erosion...if it ever rains again.

Don

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS