What are some recommendations for 5" HnL sanding disk

jgt1942

John
User
My current favorite disk for my 5" ROS is Cubitron 3M Xtract Net Disc 710W, but the most aggressive is 80 and I need something in the range of 40 grit. What are some recommendations? In the past I used Mirka Gold, they are OK but I was looking for something possibly better.

Berta

Berta
Corporate Member
Maybe you could show us what you are needing this for. Maybe you need a different approach like a flap wheel.

jgt1942

John
User
Maybe you could show us what you are needing this for. Maybe you need a different approach like a flap wheel.
Normally general sanding of flat surfaces when I want to get a lot off quickly. Normally I use 120 for my start but sometimes I get started on something that I need sanded quickly and need to remove a lot of material.
Today I chatted with Klingspor and they recommended a 36 grit with 8 or 9 holes. I started to order but the shipping was $10. I'll hold off until I can determine what I need in smaller disk (1, 2, 3 inch disk) for my woodturning.

ScottM

Scott
Staff member
Corporate Member
John, you do know that NCWW members are eligible for a discount at Klingspor. I believe it is 10% on non sale items ( wood and power tools are excluded) Check your profile to be sure you allowed NCWW to share your information with Klingspor.

bowman

Board of Directors, Webmaster
Neal
Staff member
Corporate Member
Check your profile to be sure you allowed NCWW to share your information with Klingspor.
@jgt1942, you will need to introduce yourself in addition to opting in for the Klingspor discount.

Next Promotion Requirements Not DQ
because: no intro thread

Once you do that, a script is ran at the end of the month to send updates to our participating vendors.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS