WEN Planer Troubleshooting

1075tech

Tim
Senior User
My brother was given a WEN 6552T 13" Benchtop planer. He said it doesn't seem to be feeding correctly. He took the cover off the gearbox to see that it was turning. Said it doesn't seem to "bog down" when feeding and you have to push the stock into it. It won't feed it through.

Quick read seem to me that maybe the gearbox it turning but not reliably engaging the feed mechanism. Apparently there is a known issue with the gearbox on these.

Any other thoughts?

jfynyson

Jeremy
User
I'm not familiar with this unit but when I was researching issues w/ the DeWalt 735 before I purchased one I saw where folks having feed issues were as follows (in general)
  • Clean the feed rollers w/ mineral spirits to ensure debris/pitch/dust is removed to allow good contact w/ the wood being fed
  • Gears could be turning but there could be a sheared key on the gear shaft that can handle any tension on the feed so the gears just spin on the shaft when pushing the wood forward vs the key on the shaft transferring the power to the rollers
I'm sure someone will chime in and knows...also have you searched Google & YouTube yet ?

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS