Weekend's piddlings

Status
Not open for further replies.

DaveO

New User
DaveO
At least one of my two weekend projects turned out acceptable. I started messing around with a few pieces of Rosewood flooring, donated by AndyET..thanks!!! And I ended up with a picture frame. Next time I'll buy one. This turned out to be a much harder project than it's worth :eusa_doh: I actually bought a cheap picture frame to harvest it's guts for the glass, and back with flip out support.

Frame004.jpg

Frame001.jpg

The cat is one of our feral "acquisitions" Lucy (Lucinda Wall O'Nan) during the "taming" process she got loose and spent a few days inside the walls of the house 8-O 8-O :lol: :lol: :lol:

Dave:)

J

jeff...

Wow - you carved a cat out of rosewood flooring? How in the world did you get it black and white like that? Real realistic looking too... :icon_thum

Ray Martin

New User
Ray
Dave,

Frames may be a bunch of trouble... but if you buy one, it wouldn't be as pretty. And sometimes the meaning is more important than the work.

This is a frame I made for my dayghter's first attempt with oil pastels. She thought it was pretty cool that I would make a frame for her work.

Ray

Attachments

• Horse_Frame.jpg
    Horse_Frame.jpg
    185.5 KB · Views: 228

cpowell

New User
Chuck
That looks pretty nice to me, Dave. I doubt you'll find that at Wally World! :)

I made a few frames a couple months ago, basically replacing cheap frames (maybe 10 x 12 inches) with some nice soft maple. It took a lot of time for the job considering the size. Given the setup time, I don't think it would have been worth my while if I was cranking them out for pay unless I was making a dozen frames at a time. However when the CFO commissions work my time is of little importance.

However, I've found making large frames with custom cut glass/mirrors to be very worthwhile. And I know the construction is heirloom quality.

FWIW I spent Saturday cleaning up the woodpile and burned a whole lotta scrap, then built a shop cab Sunday afternoon. Given a choice, I would have enjoyed making that frame of yours a lot more than the grunt labor. :lol:

Chuck

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS