Walnut, Kind of a Gloat

Status
Not open for further replies.

dino drosas

Dino
Corporate Member
I finally made it to Washington to pick up the walnut from Alan. I had a great visit with Alan and the full tour of his shop. His shop and especially some of the modifications he made to his machines is something to see. If you get a chance to visit, Alan is a great host. I got the walnut back to MB, unloaded and stacked in its new home to continue drying. I am anxious to do something with it as it looks to be of some quality. In the mean time, here it sits.

Attachments

• 2007 xmas 023.jpg
    2007 xmas 023.jpg
    46.7 KB · Views: 186

nelsone

New User
Ed
Looks like you have quite a few projects in there! Nice score and you deserve a hearty YOU SUCK!

MikeL

Michael
Corporate Member
YOU SUCK! Dino, that looks like a great stash to have on hand. And I am still loving that new storage container of yours.

Trog777

New User
Trog
Kind of a gloat? KIND of?!!! :rolf:

VERY sweet. That container is going to be mega nice for lots of wood storage.

So what's the plan for the walnut?

dino drosas

Dino
Corporate Member
No plans as yet. The walnut has some more drying to do. One thing that I learned from this and that is that it takes a many many sticks to stack the lumber correctly for drying. I cut 150 and still had to go back and cut a few more. How is the MM20 bandsaw and the Hammer J/P doing for you?

Trog777

New User
Trog
All I had hoped they would be. I rolled my tablesaw over in the corner like we talked about. Haven't used it since I got back from your place.:eusa_danc Leave my cut a lil proud, and clean it up with a swipe or two on the jointer. Working like a charm.

Thanks again for your hospitality. My son should be getting his Black Belt in TKD around May or June, and wants a trip to MB as a reward. Maybe we'll drop in Cagney's for another drink when we come.

Got that Laguna a new blade and all tuned up?

Jill says hello.

Terry

New User
Terrence P. Rielly
Nice looking pile of walnut Dino!:icon_thum Just was wondering if you were going to have to carry it back to Alan in Washington for Planing:?: Do you suspose you might have an investment in the planer Alan just bought:?::eusa_sile
Oh No I beleive I must be wrong on that.:eusa_shhh:eusa_sile:jealous:
So I guess you also deserve a

BIG YOU SUCK!

Gosh two YOU Suck in one day! Terry:slap:

JimmyC

New User
Jimmy
YUP! You won the Woodworker Steal of the Year! :jealous::eusa_clap:eusa_danc:crybaby2::icon_thum:lol:

No Terry, I think you deserve the woodworker steal of the year for finding it and setting it up.

Terry, "you da man"

Jimmy:)

Terry

New User
Terrence P. Rielly
:lol::lol:No Alan deserves that title. I was the middle man! I am always happy to help my brothers and sisters of woodworking. Best part about is we all won because we have each other. Terry
:lol::lol::lol::icon_thum:-D:-D:-D:-D:-D:-D:-D:-D

Ray Martin

New User
Ray
Congrats on that huge walnut score.

Looks like a pretty large pile of wood. How many board feet? What kind of projects are you considering?

Ray

coastal1

New User
Ben
The walnut was really nice, I got to see it when I picked up my cedar. Alan has a great shop and I enjoyed the drive with my daughter...even though she was getting a little testy on the shop tour.:lol:

dino drosas

Dino
Corporate Member
Walnut score turned out to be 500 board feet. I haven't made up my mind yet on how to use it. John Richards piece,:eusa_clap:eusa_clap:eusa_clap pictured in this issue of Fine Woodworking, has gotten me inspired.

M

McRabbet

Already bestowed kudos for John's piece, but did you see the beauty on the previous page? Matched mahogany crotch veneers on the Highboy is equally impressive and might be deserving of your efforts!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS