Torit dust collectors?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Toddler

New User
Todd
anyone heard of these. Somebody has a small one available for $100. No ducting or tubing. I can't find any info online about Torit.

Thanks,
Todd

NCPete

New User
Pete Davio
a pic would help. but with HF selling their 2 HP DC for $169 (maybe better?) right now, anything smaller seems a little silly, especially considering the availability of HF coupons :eusa_danc

Travis Porter

Travis
Corporate Member
IIRC, torit is high end mostly commercial. I would check it out if I were you. Check the motor amperage, impeller, and welds/joints to make sure they are in good shape.

Alan in Little Washington

Alan Schaffter
Corporate Member
Donaldson-Torit is a major manufacturer of industrial dust collection and filter systems. I'm not sure if their cyclone designs are up to modern small shop physics like ClearVu (and other Pentz designs), or the new Grizzly and Oneida. They make all types so it could be a "box" style dust collector. It is also likely to have a 3 phase motor.

Howard Acheson

New User
Howard
Donaldson-Torit is a major manufacturer of industrial dust collection and filter systems. I'm not sure if their cyclone designs are up to modern small shop physics like ClearVu (and other Pentz designs), or the new Grizzly and Oneida. They make all types so it could be a "box" style dust collector. It is also likely to have a 3 phase motor.

Alan, you are correct. Torit makes commercial air cleaners. In commercial applications, the exhaust has to be outside in most cases. We had three Torit cyclone 10 HP units in the tool shop I ran in Asheville 10 years ago.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS